• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 HTML: View Selected Item (Eyeglasses)

Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I repair the "view selected item" or "eyeglasses"?  Each time I click on it nothing pops up.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Hi there

What sometimes happens is that the preview window becomes moved to a position vastly off the screen. I call it "the computer's version of pluto".

Oddly, I've never noticed this until moments ago. Maybe things behaved differently in XP. I'm using Windows 7 so perhaps that changes my playing field.I sure seem to recall that previewing would focus the preview window and RoboHelp would appear to be locked up until you dismissed it. But I just looked at version 8 and it's allowing the preview

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You can do this an easier way.

Preview

Press Alt+Spacebar, then M.

Press any of the arrow keys.

Wiggle the mouse around and see if the preview pops into view.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that RIck. That was a new one on me.

Note to self : update blog post!

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

It's a nice easy solution.

To be totally honest, I believe it was Amebr that came up with that solution. So if you update the post and want to give credit where it's due...

And that's actually embarrassing to me! I fancy myself a good keyboard person because I worked in a call center for a good number of years. That and I'm always trying to make things as simple as I possibly can.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your prompt reply.

Capitv8r,

I tried what you suggested a couple of times and nothing happened.  I just get a quick hourglass but nothing appears for me to preview.

Column,

I cannot read your post as my organization "blocked" it on websense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What sometimes happens is that the preview window becomes moved to a position vastly off the screen. I call it "the computer's version of pluto".

Oddly, I've never noticed this until moments ago. Maybe things behaved differently in XP. I'm using Windows 7 so perhaps that changes my playing field.I sure seem to recall that previewing would focus the preview window and RoboHelp would appear to be locked up until you dismissed it. But I just looked at version 8 and it's allowing the preview to remain open and the preview window doesn't remain focused. Grrr

Perhaps try closing and restarting RoboHelp. Then carefully open a topic. Carefully preview. Immediately after you invoke the preview, try the steps outlined.

Give that a go and let us know how you fare... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  It worked!  It obviously was off in "planet pluto land"!  It worked!  Thanks again -- I just can't live without this preview option -- so much appreciated!

Cheers to you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

There is a program called ForceWindowVisible available from http://www.compendiumdev.co.uk/forcedisplay/ which gives a list of ALL windows, allowing you to bring them on-screen. I found it rather clumsy (mainly because there are dozens of "windows" listed) but for me it worked even when Amebr's brilliant trick didn't. Therefore I kept it in my toolkit. I guess I use Amebr's trick about once a week, and ForceWindowVisible about once a year.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp