• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken images and links

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2006 Jun 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the file is created in RoboHelp (Word to HTML) it looks fine in IE, but its broken in FireFox. My coder looked at it and all of the links and images have backward slashes(\) instead of forward slashes (/) which makes things broken in FireFox. We are updating this file monthly and don't have the time to go through and change all the slashes each time. Is there a way to change the setting in RoboHelp? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you creating the links and inserting the images? I have just run a few tests and the slashes in the webhelp output are forward slashes.

If you do accidentally create a duplicate post, it helps if you edit one by removing the text and indicating it is a duplicate. Adding a link to the remaining post is a nice touch. Otherwise some people will reply to one thread and others will respond to the other thread and it all becomes a mess.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images and links are created in MS Word...I'm not an overly technical person, but if you could help, that would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to help but I'm not an overly telepathic person!

I need to know the exact steps you take when you decide you need to create a link and when you insert an image. What menu items do you click and so on.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links were created with bookmarks (table of contents to an item within the document).

For images: most were placed by going to insert/picture/from file, other may have been a screen shot (copied) and then pasted into document.

I wasn't the only person who created the document so its hard for me to know all the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

I wasn't the only person who created the document so its hard for me to know all the details.

Is this a document that has been worked on by many and then imported into RH or have many people been working on a document that is in RH? If the latter, how? Is the project on a network and all these people have RH?

Is this the first attempt to create a help file and perhaps you are not sure of the procedures?

How big is this project zipped up? Would you be willing to send it to me so that I can see what is going on? Please do not send it until I ask for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document has been worked on by a few people in the word format prior to importing into RH. Right now it is a local version of RH b/c we are using a trial version. We are purchasing the real deal tomorrow and will have it on our server as a shared application. I appreciate your offer to look the file over, but I will be unable to send it to you (if you were to request it) as its a Product Help/User Guide. We only supply that to our customers and not to the public so our functionality isn't public knowledge.

I have imported this document several times (about 5) and yes, maybe I am unsure of the procedures. Would you suggest I go through the tutorial videos? Since you seem to know alot about RH, if you could tell me the best way to learn more about it (tutorials, etc.) I would appreciate it. I just got in, played around and successfully (except for the back slashes) converted a word doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hold up. You cannot install RH on a server as a shared application. One, it is against the licence. Two, it won't work!

If you can't send me the file, on this one I find it difficult to impossible to help you. I am not about to post it to the world so "public knowledge" doesn't really come into it. Lots of people have sent me confidential files and nobody has ever had cause to complain. I was once sent a 100mb project detailing a bank's procedures but I am still working rather than spending what I could have got from their coffers. I am sure you could strip a lot of information out just leaving some of these links and images in but making the file useless to anyone. However it's your call as to whether or not you want assistance and there's only one way I can do it.

I never had any formal RH training either but I did work alongside someone who did know the product. Sounds like you don't have that advantage so maybe the tutorials or an external course would help.

Sorry I cannot help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp