Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reminders and Deadlines

Level 3
Hi all,

I had a question about how reminder and deadline emails worked inside of assign task.  I know this functionality is built into LC so this shouldn't be that difficult...

Under Reminders, I have enable first reminder and enable repeat reminder checked.  Both of these are set to 1 minute for testing.  The task inside of workspace has the reminder counter counting up but emails are never sent to the user.

Inside of adminui I have gone into process management -> server settings -> task notifications and enabled reminders and deadlines for individuals and groups.  I also have email settings set correctly and have enabled outgoing messages.

Email messages from the foundation -> email -> send with document work just fine.

Is there another step I am missing?

Thanks,

~Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Josh

My guess is that you have not turned on email for Process Management for the LiveCycle server.

You have to set the smtp settings under process management -> server settings -> email settings.

Here is a blog with additional information: http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/?p=309

Diana

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Josh

My guess is that you have not turned on email for Process Management for the LiveCycle server.

You have to set the smtp settings under process management -> server settings -> email settings.

Here is a blog with additional information: http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/?p=309

Diana

Level 3

Thanks, I knew it would be something simple.  I forgot to assign an email address.  Didn't click with me because

my other emails worked but that is because you specify the from address inside of that service.

Cheers,

~Josh

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----