Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application vs Module

Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on someone else's code. The application was architected as a large number of swfs that are loaded into a main swf as needed. The external swfs are all <mx:Application> rather than <mx:Module>. How is a swf <mx:Application> different than a swf <mx:Module>? I know you can't run a module independently. I'm more interested knowing if there say lots more code that goes into a compiled Application versus a Module. Does using modules positively impact performance? Reduce memory requirements?

Thanks, Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Modules are much ligher than Applications and are meant to be separated out. Flash Builder by default puts all classes that are there in the application in the external library path of the module so that they do not get compiled into the Module as well.

See http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/2007/03/modules.html for a good explanation.

P.S: You'll get better answers for this on the Flex General Discussions forum.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines