• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - digital editions freezes at "verifying document" ?? what next

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having successfully used Digital Editions to purchase books from Waterstones and Mills and Boon since I installed 1.7.1 update for Digital Editions I can't download any books.  Digital editions says it is downloading book then appears to freeze at "verifying document" with 0% completed.  IO Error on local file open with event detail error #2038.  Can anyone give me an idea what to do please?  Adobe Customer Support have been no help whatsoever despite me registering this problem since beginning of August - I still have no solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started digital editions with my new reader and it is horrible - everything attempted in the way of downloading books throws up the same error #2038 and it is driving me mad.

Some forums says it is the PC or network firewall but even when taking a chance and disabling that it still throws the error and books cannot be downloaded.

If you had an earlier version that worked, best go back to that I guess.

If anyone out there has a solution I'd be darned glad to hear of it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay!  I think I can help.  Are you using an ereader (nook or otherwise)?

If so, I had this problem and I've figured out a way to work it (though it's not a fix for the error).

Is your reader connected when you're opening/downloading the documents?  If so, disconnect it.  Complete the downloads without the device attached, open them.  They should be fine.  Now connect your reader and you should be able to drag and drop to the device like normal.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my books are already downloaded and i get the message I am not authorized to

use the book, I have uninstalled and installed ADE many times as it causes problems on my pc

and NC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Janet, when you uninstall ADE, it goes to the trash bin. You need to make

sure you empty the trash bin before you reinstall, because ADE may recognize

some of the files if they're there.

Hope this helps!

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is frozen too and I cannot make the "verifying document" go away.  Now I can't use ADE at all on this computer.  I've tried uninstalling and downloading and installing again, but the same thing comes up.  My ereader is not hooked up to the computer.

I've asked about this on other ereader forums with no response.  It doesn't look like anyone knows what to do about this. 

Has the original poster on this thread found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no. Have now given up on this ereader as the program seems unuseable.

Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:58:46 -0700

To: susanwilson44@hotmail.com

Subject: Help - digital editions freezes at "verifying document" ?? what next

Mine is frozen too and I cannot make the "verifying document" go away. Now I can't use ADE at all on this computer. I've tried uninstalling and downloading and installing again, but the same thing comes up. My ereader is not hooked up to the computer.

I've asked about this on other ereader forums with no response. It doesn't look like anyone knows what to do about this.

Has the original poster on this thread found a solution?

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with mine being frozen just resolved itself when I opened it up

a few hours ago. Not sure why it didn't get resolved while I had it open

many other times in the past 3 days. Looks like it tried once again to add

the file I had from the library, but I'd already returned the blank file

through ADE when it wasn't frozen but was occasionally giving me the

"verifying file" message.

I would not be surprised if this happens again some time. I was concerned

because with my public library ebooks, ADE is the only way I know of to move

the file to my ereader. The library files are not Epub files as such but a

file that has to go into ADE to work as epub before I put move it to my Sony

reader.

If anyone here knows why this happens, or how to fix it (without waiting a

few days as I did), please let us know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that Adobe has not addressed this problem, and no-one on any of the forums has had a solution, we need answers and want to transfer our books to our reader, should be simple.

Is Adobe the only way you can transfer our books or is there another application that can be used.  Arrgh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sucess!!!!

A book that I had loaded into ADE prior to it freezing was also in another document folder on my computer.  Today I opened up the book in my document folder and it automatically opened it up with ADE - Frozen verifying document box now gone - yeah - ADE now usable, a strange fix and probably wont work all the time but hey its not frozen for me anymore.

Now I use the Calibre for all my ebooks

ADE will only be used for my books bought through, Borders and Angus & Robertson. (not taking any more chances)

Hope this helps someone, as I know I couldn'tt find any fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know on B&N website forum there are problems being stated, I have been on

the phone with Adobe and they don't even know what I,m talking about, th

ey put tech support on I. I waited 45 min.

If adobe wants people to use their software they need to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this.  Unplug your Nook.  Close ADE.  Go to your C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Digital Editions folder.  Rename the file manifest.xml to something like old_manifest.xml.  If the freezing started while you were downloading an ebook from a public library, you may have 1 or more copies of that ebook title.epub in that same folder.  Delete it.  Start ADE.  It will try and rebuild your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ADE has frozen and caused my computer to freeze, it shuts down the connection to my nook

fr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to fix this problem please do following.

1)  Go to C:\Document and settings\Username\My Documents\My Digital  Editions (Username\Documents\My Digital Editions if you are using MAC).

2) Now there you will find a folder with name Restore

3) Delete this folder and then try to transfer your Book.

I hope this will help you

Regards

Rizwan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and it happened to disappear just by updating ADE to the latest version, 1.8 (it is currently a preview): http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/digitaleditions1-8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines