Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import sound files

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

honestly this has me pissed at Adobe.

No matter the format no matter what the bit rate is, I can't import ANY audio files into flash CS4 without getting the error "One or more files were not imported because there were problems reading them"

This happens both when I import to the stage and import to the library.

Please if you know anything about this issue please help otherwise the whole flash program is useless for me.

Also I found online that installing quicktime fixes the issue. It didn't work for me, I've reinstalled quicktime 3 times to make sure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Have you tried to import any other audio files? Have you tried importing any of these offending files into an audio editor application and re-saving the file and then importing that new version?

If all else fails, you may want to re-install Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? What file format are the audio files? Can you share one of the files so that someone else might test it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue occurs with both .wma files and mp3 files. I've tried converting the bit rate on them before because I saw information about Flash not supporting 160+bit rate, still didn't help.

I'm afraid I only have permission to present the audio to my class that I'm doing this for, I don't have the permission to post it publicly.

The file is fine though, and this issue is occuring with every audio file I try not just that one file.

I'm on Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to import any other audio files? Have you tried importing any of these offending files into an audio editor application and re-saving the file and then importing that new version?

If all else fails, you may want to re-install Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several audio files all don't work all are of the of the types .wma and .mp3

I'm seriously confused.

I had tried using an audio converter and that didn't help flash read the file but like you said I opened it in Adobe Sound Booth and resaved the file, then plopped it into Flash and suddenly it works fine. I don't get it.

The file always played in every player I used and it didn't matter the format n what not it just didn't want to work. Thanks mate Case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that fixed it. Flash, on both Mac and Windows is sometimes finicky about audio files for some reason.Re-saving the file usually solves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soundbooth is probably converting it to the Flash-safe settings of 16 bit/44.1

Mhz.  Check the sample rate of the files before and after Soundbooth touches them and see if they change.

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the latest version of quicktime. I had the same problem and that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Also I found online that installing quicktime fixes the issue. It didn't work for me, I've reinstalled quicktime 3 times to make sure."
I stated in the first post I already tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing or re-installing QT is incidental to the problem. installing or re-installing QT may add a codec to that allow for a particular file type to be imported into Flash. The actual problem is that Flash's ability to import sound files is not as robust as it should be. This is a long standing problem. The "fix" is to import the sound file into a sound editor application and re-saving the file. This simple process will sometimes allow the sound file to be imported into Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines