Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

record streams directly in h.264

Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

in the FAQ is says:

"Yes, Flash Media Interactive Server 3.5 or later supports recording of  streams using the H.264 codec, directly on the server. Archive  high-quality live streams so you can quickly deploy the content on  demand  after your live event is over, and use the free F4V flattener  utility to prepare your file for video editing using Adobe Premiere Pro  CS5."

is someone has achieve this ?

there is no problem to record the stream in flv format but i don't find a way to record using h.264 compression

thanks

n.

Zéro Un

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you not able to record MP4 file with H.264 as video codec. Only thing you need to do is specify "H.264" as Video Codec in FMLE Video Settings and give "mp4:" prefix for your stream name.

First of all i would like to ask how are you recording. What are you using for publishing and also which version of FMS do you have.

If you are using Flash Player for publish then you won't get h.264 as video codec. If you are using FMS 3.0 or before, there is no support for H.264 recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal is to record a stream from a webcam to a server in h.264 format using FMS 4.0

what I'm doing right now is using a swf on the client side and record the stream with:

ns.publish("myvideo", "record");

it works but it's recorded in the flv format.

from what I understand is that FlashPlayer doesn't have the ability to encode in h.264, just h.263.

So what can I do ? Can it be done on the server side ? how ? I looked for samples but didn't find any.

hope you can help thanks !

n.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say but if you are publishing using Flash Player there is no way you can have H.264 encoding. You can have your Flash Player Publishing H.263 content packaged in MP4 container instead of FLV - but still the encoding would remain H.263 as Flash Player supports only Sorenson Video Codec for publishing. I hope this clears many things (sorry for disappointment though)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

yes this clears things, and unfortunatly confirmed that i can't do what i wanted to.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

how do these guys then do it: http://hdfvr.com/ ?

I have decompilled their SWF bud I dont see anything special. .setMode .setQuality and .publish methods, that seems all.

We have the same problem, streaming videos are not in satisfying quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before i go any deep ,I want to understand is whether you have tried thier site and you feel from same video source - you get better quality with thier solution and you get not so good quality when you publish to your FMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks for quick reaction. From their  downloaded trial, it is clear that they are able to record HD video  (works with FMS, WOWZA, RED5). We are running RED5 server 0.9.1 at the  moment and aparently, there is great quality loss in netstream.

I have not actually tried their product, but unless they claim something they cannot deliver, there is some way how to produce quality stream from flash player, or am I mistaken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I won't belive till someone really tries it and compares quality using same input device. And as far RED 5 is concerned i really cannot comment. If you have FMS related issue let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines