Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configure return type error: java.net.MalformedURLException

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Flash Builder and ColdFusion, I'm near completing an application and I keep getting the following error when trying to configure the return type of a function in my cfc from the Data/Services window:

There was an error while invoking the operation. Check  your server settings and try invoking the operation again.

Reason:  java.net.MalformedURLException

It happens for any of the functions/services (ones that previously worked fine).

I've also noticed (and this may be the cause) that when I go to my Flex server settings it keeps switching to 'Deployed to J2EE server' (which does not validate).  For example, I go into the settings set it to 'Standalone' and specify my ColdFusion root folder.  Apply the changes, say 'Ok' to exit.  Then when I go back to the server settings it's back to the J2EE server again.

Any help appreciated as it's proving really frustrating.

Thanks,
Robin.

FlashBuilder_config.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue using ColdFusion Builder with the FlashBuilder plugin; "InvocationTargetException:There was an error while invoking the operation. Check your server settings and try invoking the operation again. Reason: java.net.MalformedURLException"

I saw another post where someone said they "fixed" this issue by uninstalling, cleaning their registry, rebooting, and reinstalling, but surely there has to be a better way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sigh, this is a real pain for flex cf devlopment for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2010 Sep 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errors like this make me second guess my abilities.  I too am receiving this error

, my app complies fine but to add any other services or test any current services produces

the error:

InvocationTargetException:There was an error while invoking the operation. Check your server settings and try invoking the operation again.

Reason: java.net.MalformedURLException

I also see the the Flex server configuration resets itself to default.  This effect may be causing Flash Builder 4 to incorrectly show the current settings or perhaps not saving your settings at all.

I have posetd a bug with Adobe.

Curious which versions you are running, my current version is 4.0.1 (build 277662)

Thanks

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a bug, Can you share the bug id for this?

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, now I have noticed that the issue happens for me if I change either the project name, location, or re-apply the project settings on the server properties page, and then test the CFCs, i will get the java.net.MalformedURLException error.  However, if I create a new project with the settings and test, things work just fine - I just can't make any changes to the project after that, or I begin to get the error. Very strange indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some further testing to try and resolve this issue.  The only solution I have found was to delete my Data Service Providers. In my case Im using ColdFusion cfc's.  I removed all references to all of my cfcs, then added them back.  I took it a step further and checked all options to delete all of the auto generated action script files, although this may not be necessary.  Suprisingly everything is back to normal with minimal effort.  This was an acceptiable solution (for me) for the time being, hope this works for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other problem where the Flex server properties reverts to default has been

assigned this bug id FB-27450, assigned to Harpreet Neelu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you delete your Data Service Providers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i managed to fix this by removing duplicate linked resource cfc's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines