6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 4:07 AM by Phil O'Rourke RSS

Adobe eLearning Suite 2 Workflows link in Windows START Menu fails

adobe16v Community Member

I just recently purchased the Adobe eLearning Suite 2 and I get an error message when I click on the following link:

Start - All Programs - Adobe eLearning Suite 2 - Adobe eLearning Suite 2 Workflows

Error message is within an Adobe Air dialog box - This installation of this application is damaged.  Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance.

The link points to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe eLearning Suite 2 Workflows\en_US\Main.exe"

My first question is: What happens when you click on this link?  Is there any utility behind it that will help me in my workflows?  Am I wasting my time to try and find out what this link does?

I reached out to technical support and after several calls and being tossed around to several departments, they ultimately said my version of Windows was not supported by eLearning Suite 2.  One guy (Application Specific queue) said he tried it on his machine and got the same error but he couldn't help me because it was an installation issue and that I would have to open a sevice contract ($40.00) to get help with this problem and dumped me back to the installation folks who told me my machine was not supported.  What the??

I found the support page for the suite and it just says "Windows 7."   I opened up a CHAT dialog box on the same page and that person "Scott" told me that all versions of Windows 7 are supported for the suite.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit on my PC.  The eLearing Suite 2 website says the system requirements support "Windows 7."  My assumption is that the suite is supported on my machine.

My next question now is: Is my Windows 7 version supported (Yes or No)?  If so, then why doesn't the above mention link work?

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate your help.