• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proper Installation of CF, CF Builder & FB4

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for my ignorance but .... I am new to adobe products let alone server and web apps, but I have been really impressed w/adobe's stuff.

I am trying to install CF9 developer on my local pc (development box) along w/FlashBuilder4 and CF Builder (as a plug-in).  I have purchased CF9/CFB & FB4 and will install CF9 to my production box (64bit windows 2008server).

I went thru the CF9 wizard install correctly (i think) and then installed FB4 the same way.  When I try to install CFBuilder as a plugin I am asked for the existing eclipse/flash builder installation folder.  I enter 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4' and complete the CFB wizard.  Am I choosing the correct directory?

I then start FB4 to try and add a CFB perspective and can not see the options to do this that I've read about in numerous install docs.  But am unable to see those options or load any CFBuilder perspectives.

I am not a coder by any means ... i do GIS but want to integrate the capabilities of adobe.  Any assistance in correctly installing and configuring any/all of the adobe products would be greatly appreciated.

I've contacted adobe help ... but have not been impressed or assisted at all.

Thanks,

Kurt

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation Folder should be: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe ColdFusion Builder Plugins

Eclipse Installation Folder should be: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4 (I believe you have installed FB as standalone product)

Have you selected like this only?

If Yes, try loading FB from command as ...>FlashBuilder.exe -clean

If no install correctly and see.

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Krishna.  I did install FB4 as a stand alone, you are correct and installed CFB as a plugin in the directory's you specificed.  FB4 will start without any problem, but I am unable to load a CFB perspective.  I don't know if I have to something else in order for FB4 to 'see' the plugin from within FB4.

It is probably something very simple that I'm just missing due to my lack of knowledge, but I truly appreciate your input.

Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the FB Home directory you can see a directory called ’dropins’.
Under this dropins directory there is a file named cfbuilder.link . If this is file not there means your installation was not corrcet.If it is there...you cut this file from there and put it outside of dropins folder and launch FB once(This clears the cache) .

Then you put back this file into the dropins directory and the launch FB again.
Now you should be seeing the CFB perspective.If not please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt... any solution here? I am having the exact same problem. Also I have followed the instructions to remove the cfbuilder.link file from the dropins folder from within the FB4 directory, launch FB, put it back and relaunch with no luck.

My directories are C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe being 64bit version but all else is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case anyone else is having this issue on a Windows 7 machine here is what I had to do...

The first time you run FB4 (Win7) after installing CFB (plugin for Eclipse/Flash Builder) you have to run FB4 as "an Administrator" to complete the installation. You will then be prompted for your CFB serial number as expected. After the first time you can open FB4 as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation