Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too Many Activations

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case #0181978780

I've had technical difficulties with my reader and had to reset it and now I'm getting this message when I try to activate it.

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 1172:172:6172 urn:uuid:970efc8a-78f7-4bc0-a745-778b298b71e2
Brow ser: Other
Operating System: Windows XP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how long does it usually take them to respond?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact the same problem, mailed adobe yesteray but still no answer too....

If you have the answer, will you please put it here? I will do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well in your case (jportillo90) they have already fixed your problem and are waiting on your response to close it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reaction, but the problem isn't solved

Still the same problem and I have no solution yet.

Elise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I am a librarian at a public library.  We use your product to demonstrate to our patrons and to provide tech support for ereader devices.  In order to assist our patrons, we must activate and deactivate our (and their) accounts.

Is there a way to have additional activations or to gain back the deactivations so we are better able to assist our patrons?  (Institutional policy?)

As professional searchers, our team had a difficult time navigating the help pages and were not able to submit a web case.  We do promote your products with our library e-book services and would like a better way to service our patrons.

I appreciate your response.

Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no, this level of institutional use is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2011 Jan 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting this same error message.  The books download to my computer fine but it won't let me authorize my new Nook.

The Nook support people told me to delete the Digital Editions files from my Nook device and re-authorize it, however, after several times

trying to do this, now I get the error message that I have too many activations.  When I try to click and drag the books from my DE library,

it says I don't have permission to copy.  After speaking with 2 and receiving emails from another Nook support person, I have not been able to

resolve this issue and decided to try and contact Adobe directly.  Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

january123, to get this resolved you should do as the OP did, and submit a web support case (go to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and click on 'Submit a web case.')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Unfortunately, we've been unable to submit a web case.  When you click on the link to submit a web case, you're taken the the following page:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=portal&loc=en_us.  You need to choose an issue type - We selected "Problems with other Free Adobe Software."  We were then given the option to either go back to the Support page or purchase paid phone support.  The site also indicates that in order to submit a web case, you need to register your software with a serial number - which is unavailable for free Adobe Digital Editions software.  We keep going around in circles on the web site. Can you be more specific about how to submit a web case?

Thanks,

Kristen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under 'Get Support', in the 'Techinical Support' tab

For "Choose issue type" select "Using a product or service"

For  "Choose product", first select "Additional Products"

Then select "Adobe Digital Editions"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time, Jim.  I have submitted a web case and it says I will have a reply within 3 days.  The Nook support people emailed me today also and told me to ask Adobe to reset my activations - the same thing other people have been reporting.  I wonder if this will completely correct the problem or can I look forward to continuing problems like this?  Again, I thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a webcase last night about this same problem.   I was surprised when I got a note this morning that it was taken care of.   It now works.   Thank you Adobe Techs!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a reply today from support and just got finished re-authorizing my Nook.  I now have a new library book on it and it seems to be working fine.  I really appreciate the prompt replies I received.

I did not try to download the library books I had previously downloaded onto my computer just in case it might hang it up again.  Any ideas?  I have 4 books in my Digital Editions library that were all downloaded while I was having trouble loading them onto my Nook.  Shall I just start all over and delete those earlier books?   Thanks again for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January123 -

So glad to hear it's now working for you.  One of the patrons at our library experienced the same problem as you.  He was able to reload the ebooks that he checked out prior to reregistering his Nook. However, if you're concerned about the other books not working, one option might be to return the items early.  You should be able to click on the little arrow next to the ebook in Adobe Digital Editions and select Return Item.  If there are not any holds on the ebooks, you should be able to check them out and download them again.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually return my books early after reading them. I have never

returned them early, then checked them out again. Thank you for the tip.

mjordanwy99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope Adobe is able to help me with this as well. I've been reading library books on my nook for several weeks (after an extremely painful period of getting it up and running in the first place), now, all of a sudden, it won't let me transfer library books to my nook. No error message, and I've not been told I have "too many activations" but Barnes & Noble "customer support" (with giant quote marks and all the sarcasm one can muster) told me I needed to get a new Adobe ID because I may have had too many books for my Adobe license. Which seems hard to believe since I've only had it a month. I submitted a case with Adobe, so hopefully they'll be able to resolve it. Meanwhile, the new Dennis Lehane book goes unread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines