Exit

hhp issues

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RH8.0.2 for CHM output.

In my projects almost 260 chm are merged in the parent project.

My problem is, when i generate the output i noticed hhp file take the path of my local machine, as a result search do not work when project is open in anothere machine.

I tried to manually update hhp file, but when i generate the project, it is again taking the path of my machine,like this:

[MERGE FILES]
D:\protocol help_3.3\Changed footer\M5_protocol_help\L3LTE.chm
D:\protocol help_3.3\Changed footer\M5_protocol_help\IPC.chm

Ideally i want it to be

[MERGE FILES]
L3LTE.chm
IPCchm

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, we get that and have no solution (we think maybe it's related to source control). What we do is generate, edit the hhp to remove the paths, re-generate. The trick is not to make any changes to the project before the second generate.

Someone suggested you could go into the Generate dialog box in RH, then open the hhp and delete delete the paths, then click Finish to start the generation process, which would save you some time - I found that the hhp didn't always have the hard-coded paths at this stage though, so was more comfortable with the double-compile.

HTH,

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks !!!

Yes,i too feel double compile is better idea.

Br,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp