Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edition

RoboHelp HTML

Version

RH8

Output

.chm

Hello there! I was wondering how to do this in RH8. How do I add an expandable button to save space (as shown in the images below)?

expand image.png

By default, the contents are expanded and shown, then users have the option to hide them.

expand image 2.png

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

You need to create a Dropdown.

Text only you would insert and select the hotspot text, then go to the DHTML Menu and select Create Dropdown.

To do this with an image that does not change, you would simply select the image as well as part of the hotspot.

If you want images that change on being clicked, they are known as Twisties. You can use the RoboHelp method as documented in the online help or there are other methods on my site. The RoboHelp method applies to all dropdowns, the methods on my site

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create a Dropdown.

Text only you would insert and select the hotspot text, then go to the DHTML Menu and select Create Dropdown.

To do this with an image that does not change, you would simply select the image as well as part of the hotspot.

If you want images that change on being clicked, they are known as Twisties. You can use the RoboHelp method as documented in the online help or there are other methods on my site. The RoboHelp method applies to all dropdowns, the methods on my site require more work but they are applied selectively.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

But I can't find the same expand/collapse buttons plus.pngminus.png that was used in the screenshot I provided. Where can I find them or is there another way to add them?

Thanks Peter! I greatly appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create them using some image software. For what you want an icon program would do the job, just save as jpg or gif.

http://www.icofx.ro

Or search Google Images but be aware of copyright.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you send me a private e-mail message to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com I can send you back a collection of assorted twisty images I have. There are about 370+ files inside it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gee, thanks Rick! You and Peter have always been very helpful and gracious and I am overwhelmed by the support given to me here by community professionals and members!

Gentlemen, I can never thank you all enough. You guys are the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp