Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have

RoboHelp 8.02
IE 6
WebHelp Pro output

Our main publishing person is on vacation and I'm the backup publishing person. We had no problems with our published project until I publishd for the first time. I'm sorry if this is the incorrect section. After I published (no errors) our project, I went out to view our project and confirm our updates published. I opened the published project and it would not open our default topic page, but at the bottom of IE status bar it was trying to open something. I closed IE and opened the project in Firefox and it open just fine. I had IT take a look and they found out that there was a java script error saying whtopic.js can't find gbAIRSSL.I'm not sure why this happened on my first publish. Has anyone else expierenced this issue? We've never used AIR Help, we always use WebHelp Pro. I'm not sure if this may be the issue, our publishing person has IE8 while they published.

Our IT person edited the default topic page (added a script function) and added var gbAIRSSL = null; to the whtopic.js file. as a workaround. Does anyone know how to fix this issue, because I don't want IT to keep editing the whtopic.js file after I publish (the code will be overwritten after a compile). I can't add the code to the file, because we can not have access to the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're publishing to WebHelp Pro because you've got RoboServer installed - right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we have RH Server 8 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this problem only arise when viewed via IE6?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue occurs in newer versions of IE. I also noticed the TOC does not load when we go directly to the published project and bypass the RH 8 server/engine. I'm assuming I need to add the javascript code to other javascript files. Does anyone know what gbAIRSSL is? Is it something from the Adobe AIR output? If it is, i'm not sure how it was associated with WebHelp Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a little more info. Our default topic page is calling the whtopic.js file and in the whtopic.js file, there is this code

function unRegisterListener()
{
if(gbAIRSSL)
  return;
sendInvalidSyncInfo();
enableWebSearch(false);
if(whtopic_foldUnload)
  whtopic_foldUnload();
}

Error.jpg

I noticed the whstart.js has a list of RegisterListener2 code. Does anyone know if I have to add the unregistered Listner to the whstart.js file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the default topic has that stuff in the source file? If so something has gone wrong as that gets added when RoboHelp converts source to output.

Did someone import into the project something that was an output file?

Did I suggest PUBLISHING to a new folder?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

gbAirSSL is a variable from whver.js. (RH's browser detect script.)

whver.js should be linked in all your output files. Is it perhaps damaged?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello William

I don't know if the whver.js file is damaged. How could I find out if it is? Do I have to reinstall RH8 to fix it? Do you know where the default .js files are located in the RoboHelp Office folder on the C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default topic has this script after compiling and generating into the output folder. You can see the whtopic.js as one of the script types:

<style type="text/css">

<!--
div.WebHelpPopupMenu { position:absolute;
left:0px;
top:0px;
z-index:4;
visibility:hidden; }
-->
</style>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whmsg.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="whver.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whproxy.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whutils.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whlang.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whtopic.js"></script>

</head>

The whtopic.js has this in the code:

function unRegisterListener()
{
if(gbAIRSSL)
  return;
sendInvalidSyncInfo();
enableWebSearch(false);
if(whtopic_foldUnload)
  whtopic_foldUnload();
}

I don't think someone imported something that was an output file. I don't see anything in the baggage file, but I can take another look.

I did generate and compile in a different output folder, but the samething still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Is this output published on some public access server so that I can have a look. Can you please look into the whver.js file and see if the gbAIRSSL variable is defined in that file or not.

Thanks

Praful Jain

Adobe RoboHelp Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Praful,

I looked in the whver.js file and the gbAIRSSL is not in the file. This is what we have at the begining of the script file.

//              WebHelp 5.10.006
var gbNav=false;
var gbNav6=false;
var gbNav61=false;
var gbNav7=false;
var gbNav4=false;
var gbIE4=false;
var gbIE=false;
var gbIE5=false;
var gbIE55=false;
var gbOpera6=false;
var gbOpera7=false;
var gbKonqueror3=false;
var gbSafari3=false;
var gbChrome = false ;

var gAgent=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();
var gbMac=(gAgent.indexOf("mac")!=-1);
var gbSunOS=(gAgent.indexOf("sunos")!=-1);
var gbUnixOS=(gAgent.indexOf("linux")!=-1) || (gAgent.indexOf("unix")!=-1);
var gbOpera=(gAgent.indexOf("opera")!=-1);
var gbKonqueror=(gAgent.indexOf("konqueror")!= -1);
var gbSafari=(gAgent.indexOf("safari")!= -1);
var gbWindows=((gAgent.indexOf('win')!= -1)||(gAgent.indexOf('16bit')!= -1));
var gbMozilla=((gAgent.indexOf('gecko')!=-1) && (gAgent.indexOf('netscape')==-1));
var gbChrome=(gAgent.indexOf("chrome")!=-1);

var gVersion=navigator.appVersion.toLowerCase();

var gnVerMajor=parseInt(gVersion);
var gnVerMinor=parseFloat(gVersion);

if(!gbOpera&&!gbKonqueror&&!gbSafari) // opera can mimic IE or Netscape by settings.
{

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

var gbAIRSSL= false; should be directly under var gbChrome=(gAgent.indexOf("chrome")!=-1);.

The seed directory of this file is: %RH Install dir%\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock. Always backup before changing the seed files!

The line with Air should be: var gbAIRSSL= %%%WH_GB_AIR_SSL_JS%%% ;. Is this line present?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2011 Jan 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello W. van Weelden,

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the whver.js file, but I'm having a hard time locating that directory so I can edit the whver.js template file. Is the directory located in a temp folder or in the registry?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2011 Jan 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I found the folder. I looked in the whver.js file

in the template stock folder and the 2 line of code is not in the file. I'll make a backup copy and add it in there and see if this solves my issue. Again, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks W. van Weelden! That fixed my issue.

Is it possible one of the XML files in the Template Stock folder is creating a heirarchy issue with our TOC not displaying correctly? I had posted a TOC issue and it is possible one of the files in the folder that controls the TOC is missing some code, damaged, or some kind other issue. I was told it could also be a bug in RoboHelp 8. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732560?tstart=90

Again, thanks W. van Weelden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If your seed files got damaged, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall RoboHelp. All the seed files should then be correct.

If the TOC problem is indeed a bug, then only Adobe can fix it for you. I've never had any problems like the on described in your thread. Do the output XML-files indeed miss content? Can it perchanche have anything to do with the fact that you're using IE6? I'll leave discussion to the other thread.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp