Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

burrito install fail, trying to create directory in wrong place

Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the error log from my attempted install. Of the 23 errors 22 are being unable to deleted things it never created. The error that seems to be the initial cause is this:

Unable to create directory "\\drnas02\users\CADU\gae04\..\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview

\\drnas02\users\CADU\gae04 is a home directory I have on a network drive, but the installer isn't trying to create the directory there, it is trying to put it one dir up (with the ..) where I don't even have read permissions.  I never specified the gae04 directory to the installer, but I assume its defined as some sort of application data directory as one other app created a directory there.

Here is the full error log.

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 23 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: 16101 Unable to create directory "\\drnas02\users\CADU\gae04\..\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview

ERROR: 16101 Command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand failed.

ERROR: 16101 Unable to delete directory "\\drnas02\users\CADU\gae04\..\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 16101 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: 16098 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\configuration\config.ini" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 16098 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 16097 Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\configuration". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 16097 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: 16035 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\AMT\application.xml" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 16035 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 16034 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\AMT\application.sif" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 16034 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 16033 Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\AMT". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 16033 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: 21 Deleting Registry Key - failure. Error 5

ERROR: 3 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\FlashBuilder.exe" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 3 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 2 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\.eclipseproduct" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 2 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 1 Unable to delete directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 1 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Builder: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies - that's a known installer bug we've had far too long.

There's a fix for it we're waiting on from our installer core group, but in the meantime there's a workaround you can try described here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/684015?tstart=30

In particular, if you have permission to modify your network profile, you can avoid the error by mapping your roaming Documents folder down one level, to a location underneath your home folder. More details available here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766489(WS.10).aspx

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread you pointed me to listed using the plugin version as an alternative.  This is not valid with the burrito install, since there is no seperate plugin installer.

The main work around is getting the roaming documents directory pointed to another place.  I don't think I have the rights to do this and don't know if I can talk the admins into doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, another alternative would be using the shipping FB4 Plug-in version instead, but that's not what I was talking about.

The main workaround I described was remapping your roaming Documents folder so that you have write access to the folder above it as well. Ordinarily, you can do that by creating a subfolder under your current roaming Docs folder, and then mapping your main Documents folder down one level to the subfolder.

That way you'll have write access both to the parent folder as well as to the Document folder.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike a lot of places our sysadmins are pretty flexable when it comes to developers, so they were willing to customize my settings so my MyDocuments directory would be in a place that would allow the install. Unfortunately after about a day of total effort, nothing they tried actually was able to change the location of the directory.

So it looks like I won't be able to use Burrito until you get the installer fixed.  I hope you are lighting a fire under your installer group to get this fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, our core installer team has agreed to supply the home folder path token we need for this fix, in time for the Burrito release.

I experimented with changing my own network Documents location a few months ago, and was able to move it down one level without much difficulty. The actual steps vary a little depending on whether you're on WinXP, Vista or Win7:

WinXP:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310147

Win7:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7files/thread/fd508c30-7dad-4a7e-a652-ba49828e5f0e

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the MyDocuments target directory is easy, if windows allows you to do so.

The sysadmins have given me rights to change the MyDocuments target directory, but the target directory property remains read only. I can select it, and I can put the cursor any where in it, but I can't change it. And nothing the sysadmins have tried has been able to change that.  I think its a case of a complex enterprise environment where some as yet unidentified global setting is overriding the specific setting which should allow that property to be changed.

I do have burrito installed on my mac, so I will be able to test it, but I will be able to spend a lot less time testing it there, then if I had it on my main work machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok turns out it was a registry entry that wasn't changed that prevented me from changing the MyDocuments target.

the registry key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

the name is DisablePersonalDirChange

if it is set to 1 it will prevent the MyDocuments directory target from being changed

if it is set to 0 or doesn't exist it will allow the MyDocuments directory targetto be changed

fix either set it to 0 or delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not change the registry,  is there a way to change the install

path of the profile folders that Flash Builder needs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, but we have a fix in the pipeline for the next release. We asked the installer team for a new path token that will allow us to avoid this problem, and they'll be delivering that to us for testing in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, the only workarounds I know of are the ones described earlier in this thread.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have experienced this issue and would be interested in trying a pre-release build of Flash Builder Burrito that has this issue fixed, please email me at cagruss at adobe dot com, and also copy our Product Manager Andrew Shorten (shorten at adobe.com).

Many thanks,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines