Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents SWF Error

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using Captivate 5 on a Mac Pro (Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.6).

I have made several projects with multiple slides, slide videos, etc. over the course of the last several weeks. Then I go and I can make my table of contents and link to my slides. Great, grand, wonderful.

BUT NOW, when I actually need to do it for a client, I create my slides, etc. and then I create my table of contents and BAM! I get the following error message:

Captivate_error_C5_MacPro1066SL.jpg

SWF compilation failed.

Note: Please verify if any of the actionscript keywords is used as a user variable name.

Huh? I haven't made any of my own variables or advanced actions, etc.

I have done some basic searches and am unable to find any similar issues (others had the issue if they were making quizzes, etc.). This has no quizzes.

Also, this is a brand new 12-core Mac. I have the issue whether I'm running in 32 or 64 bit kernels...

Help please!

Thanks,

Mike

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an idea, do you use special characters in the slide labels? I read that inserting quotes could cause errors.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, My name is Carolina from Guatemala. I have the same error right now in a presentation.  It occurs when I try to add a text entry box.  After the error appears, the project stops working even if I delete all the slides.  It is so frustating.  Is any solution available for that bug?  It had happened to me in two different projects and I had to start from scratch the first time, now I am saving copies but I cannot advance my work because of the error.

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carolina.  If you're from Guatemala I'm assuming your content will be in Spanish.  Is it possible that the words you wanted people to type into that text box might have contained Spanish accent characters?  Does the validated text in the box seem to make any difference or does your product corrupt simply by adding a text box and doing nothing else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The error occurs only by adding the text entry box and trying to preview it.   I´ll try deleting unused actions and variables to clean the internal tables.  Well, I don´t know what else to do.  If you have an idea it would be great.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Would it possible for you to send your cptx file across to me? It would help us investigate.

My email is : sushma@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you're using Closed Captioning text, make sure there are no special characters in there as well.

I had this error once because I happened to have some square braces inside Closed Captioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently square brackets in my text were the problem...I didn't realize they were considered to be "special characters" though.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Square brackets are often used in programming code.  The Captivate developers were probably trying to prevent someone from attempting to insert some malicious code in the movie.

What would be a nice enhancement for Cp6 would be if when you attempted to add any such code into some vulnerable area such as Properties, then an error message would pop up to clearly tell you those characters were forbidden. The current error message leads you in an entirely different direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Would it possible for you to send your cptx file across to me? It would help us investigate.

My email is : sushma@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it working, thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I´ll send it via www.yousendit.com .  Please check your mail.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources