• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP5: Change mouse movements in recorded slides

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again I have recorded a software demo with my recording settings set to show mouse movement. Before that I split the 880 resulting slides into projects of 100 slides each: is there a way to set mouse movement options to all the slides, specially to set the option "straight pointer path"  for all mice in all slides?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried selecting all the slides in the Film Strip (Press Ctrl+A) and right-click. Point at Mouse and select Straight Pointer Path.

Worked for me here on my own setup.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

thank you for the information. With this changing the pointer path works fine. So my main concern has been solved.

But there are still other options that I would like to handle more efficently like switching "Reduce Speed Before Click" on / off.

Then I would like to show user defined Mouse Clicks dependent on Single oder Double Click Mouse Click Sound and / or dependent on left or right mouse click. For example: Several slides contain these mouse options for a right click from recording (whether it is left or right can de determined by the text caption):

Mouse1.png Mouse2.png

In all these slides I want to change the mouse options to:

Mouse3.png

Doing all these changes manually is very time consuming. And I wonder, whether there might be a better way to perform that task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I will not be able to help you, but found this an interesting question, hope you do not mind my answering. And it would be a great idea if you filled in some feature requests.

The mouse is not an object that has object styles, it is not in the list of objects in the Object Style manager. If that would be the case you could at least define as many 'mouse styles' as you would need, which could speed up the process somehow.

However filtering on 'right' click or 'double' click to change the mouse object style, that seems a lot more complicated. This functionality is not linked to the mouse object but to a click box or a button. And I do not see for the moment a possibility to link a 'style' of the mouse object to the functionality of another object. Same with the Text Caption, there is not any connection between the content of that caption and the mouse object. Just a suggestion: you can use Find and Replace (Edit menu) to search the Text Captions that have the word 'Rechter' in them, thus finding them more easy.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

thank you for your answer. I would like to submit a feature request, but I'm new with Captivate and don't feel myself experienced enough to create a description of what I would expect.

Additionally all the terms used in this Captivate forum I'm unfamiliar with - I don't work with English Captivate and English isn't my first language either. So if anyone might provide a template for a feature request I would second that by (also) submitting it.

In addition to the initial thoughts, one might think also of more parameters to customize recording. If in recording options there were options for different mouse click transformations then a post-treatment might generally be avoided.

May be there are some other approaches to be checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'm not an English speaker either. I do understand German, but wouldn't dare to write it (my native tongue is Dutch). English is my 3rd language.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources