• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Definition could not be found - but library is there!

Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed a library (as3isolib) in Flash Builder 4 and started writing code (following a Lee Brimelow's tutorial on www.gotoandlearn.com).

So, if I instantiate a new variable, the hint box is there with all the classes and methods and all. After inserting the line, the corresponding import line is also inserted automaticaly.

I believe this means the library has been added correctly to the project.

HOWEVER... the editor reports error messages all along the code biside all references to the library classes.

The very first error message on the code is "1172: Definition as3isolib.display.IsoView (for instance) could not be found".

I don't get it... Any ideas?

Thank you!

Marcos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you did an import? The library may be available for auto-complete, but I believe you still need to import whatever you will use.

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such. Thanks!

http://www.stardustsystems.com
Adobe Flex Development and Support Services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I've had this exact same problem, thankfully I was able to fix it quickly. The solution is to import the "src" folder and not the "com" one.

Unfortunatelly, Flash Builder is very confusing by making you think there's nothing wrong when it auto-completes the classes.

Hope this helped,

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines