Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 final output requirements

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

I just spent an exhausting 1.5 hours of my time speaking with tech support about the final output of robohelp 8.  We have converted ALL of our existing help indices into robohelp 8 only to find out that our end users are required to install active x, which is a huge issue.

Adobe tech support could not show me where in the manual/online that the final output is required to download activex.  I am not using anything fancy and have removed anthing that I could see as a possible culprit. This has been stripped down to the bare bones to try and output a true Html help index.ve x

How do i restrict any forced activex download?  I am not using any activex components, but only a TOC and the individual help files. I am certain that I am not the only person to have run into this issue.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

robohelpme

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Unfortunately it would appear you landed here and posted without reading some material that will help. If you don't mind, please look at the following link. Read what is there and return here to provide us with some answers.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't actually tried this, but go into the properties for your layout, and on the "Navigation Pane Preferred Format" dialog select "Pure HTML" and not "DHTML > Pure HTML". This should avoid the ActiveX problem by disabling Javascript for navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

And if you had actually tried it you would be aware that there are certain side effects as a result. Some of which are unexpected and undesired.

My vote is to wait for more information in order to see what is actually going on.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp