• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player installs but doesn't work

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows xp 2002 and have read through all of the troubleshooting discussions with respect to internet explorer compatibility, 32-64 bit.  I still cant seem to get this thing to work.  any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  What Service Pack do you have Installed? Click on help and it should tell you there. The latest is SP3.

Post back what browsers you use and version numbers.

Using IE go to this test site: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Let me know if you see the Flash logo animate(spin) and what version of Flash Player is displayed.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  i  am using IE 7.0.5730.11.  I'm not sure what service

pack you are referring to.  Do you mean what version of adobe flash player? 

Thirdly, the link that you supplied was broken so I wasn't able see a logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, A Service Pack is for XP, the latest is SP3. If you click on Help, then About Internet Explorer you should see your version XP listed with SP, either SP1, SP2 or SP3.

Don't click on that link in your email. Page down into the email when replying to the Forum and click on "visit the message page". Then the links in your thread here will work. Try it again.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently I have been downloading a 64 bit version of flashplayer and cant find

32 bit.  Also, under the about internet explorer prompt, there is no indication

of a service pack- just the version number, cypher strengh, and product id

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use XP also and right below the Product ID there should be a SP number listed.

You most likely are using a 32bit system.

Using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons and look under "Show"(very light text) in All addons and or Run without Permission for Shockwave Flash Object. Let me know if it's listed, Enabled and the version number.

Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and let me know all files listed there.

Also I need the info in my Post#1.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I ended up installing the 98/ME just to see what happened.  after

installing I went to youtube to see if it would play.  A prompt asked if I would

like to upgrade my version to 10.1.  Since the 98/ME was a 32 bit version of

Flashplayer, the upgrade to 10.1 automatically installed the 32 bit as well.  As

for the service pack, below the product Id it says 'Update Versions:0'.   But my

problem is fixed, for the time being, so thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, So you Installed Flash Player version 9 first and then updated to 10.1. Well as long as that is working, that was the main objective. Maybe a glitch happened before and that happens. Glad you have it working.

Now keep in mind that since you are using XP, you should at some time go to Microsoft and see about Installing whichever Service Pack you need. I'm not sure if you need to start with SP1 or can use the SP3. I would find that out first.

These Service Packs contain many software and security improvements and are important. Hope you can do that as it will certainly help your computer.

Thanks for posting back how this worked out for you.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to find your service pack on windows XP- click your start button, then right click on "My Computer". A menue will appear, at the bottom you will see "Properties". Then you will see a window names system properties, it should just pop up with your "general" tab on top, if not, then click the "General" tab.

it should say   System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3                            For example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just noticed this. That was nice, you said it better than I did Now maybe the user can find it!!!

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I see many others have the same problem as i have.

The adobe www says that flash palyer is installed.

>>http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/>>>You have version 10,1,102,64 installed

But many other pages does not recognizes the adobe flash installed.

I have windows XP 2002 SP3 installed and was running fine with flash player 9.

In the directory c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\ i have 4 files with version 10. version 9 is not avaliable in the directory.

any ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exaptly the same problem. Adobe's test shows, that I have version 10.1.102,64 installed, but it does not show up among the installed programs. In the Windows/system32/Macromed/Flash folder there are 5 files but only one of them is Application file for uninstallation. I see no Flash relates files in  Program Files folder where the other programs are. I hope someone can help. I spent a lot of time trying this get this program work. It worked before with an earlier version, but I don't have it anymore.

I am using a 32 bit IE8, with XP Professional 5.1.2600 S.P. 3  op. system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. Check this:

Using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons and look under "Show"(very light text) in All addons and or Run without Permission for Shockwave Flash Object. It should be Enabled and the version should be 10.1.102.64.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then please start your own thread/discussion. Everyone's computer system is different and it will be too confusing if 2, 3 or more users are on one thread.

Each user I know can keep which is which, but I can't; gets too confusing for me.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved my problem. I was looking for a conventional program, but it seems that the flash player is not a separate program, but part of the browser. I can view my swf files with the Internet Explorer, all I have to do is to allow Active X control by clicking the blue bar on the top of the screen to allow it to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are correct, it is a browser plugin and works thru the browsers. You do have that Shockwave Flash Object, which is the ActiveX Control for IE. If you use FF(Firefox) or any other non-IE browser, then you would have a Shockwave Flash plugin, instead of the ActiveX Control.

However, once you have this Installed in your browser, then it works automatically any time you access Flash Content. You should not have to click anything to "allow" an ActiveX Control. If that is happening, you may want to start a thread. Some websites may tell you you need an ActiveX, but that would only be if you didn't have it. Be careful in allowing websites to Install any ActiveX Control.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since you have posted some info, do this:

Using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons and look under "Show"(very light text) in All addons and or Run without Permission for Shockwave Flash Object. Make sure it is Enabled and the version number is 10.1.102.64.

If that doesn't solve your problem, you will need to start your thread/discussion.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. This is what I see when checking under Tools/Manage add-ons:

Name          Shockwave Flash Object
Publisher     Adobe Systems Incorporated
Status        Enabled
File date     Today, January 17, 2011, 3 hours ago
Version       10.1.102.64

I don't see "Show" or run button it only lists the add-ons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines