• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Flash not working in Presenter 7.0

Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been using Presenter for a while without any problems. I've recently had to install the Tech Comms Suite (2.0) onto a new laptop though and now I cant insert flash into my slides. All that happens is that the systems moves focus to any of my other windows.

Anyone out there help?

I'm using Office 2003, XP and full Tech Comms Suite v2

Nick.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 16/11/2010 and will not return until

18/11/2010.

During this time I will have no access to my emails. If your matter is

urgent, then please contact Sonia Savage or Carmen Shields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem.  After 45 minutes on the phone with tech support, I was told Captivate 5 and Presenter 7 are not compatible - even though they were purcahsed bundled together as the elearning suite 2.  When I questioned why they would bundle 2 incompatible product, the response was that just because they come bundled does not mean they are compatible.  I was told that Presenter version 8 (when it is released) may work with Captivate 5.  I was also informed by tech support that Captivate and Presenter are to be used for 2 very different functions - Captivate is used to create quizzes and Presenter is for converting presentations to Flash.  it comes down to Presenter uses Actionscr2pt2 and Captivate actionscript 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the exact same problem with trying to insert swfs from the Presenter 7 menu.  These swfs are not necessarily created in Captivate, so I don't see the value in this statement in that they are not compatible.  It only reinforces me and my development team to look elsewhere for products that talk with each other.  Productivity is suffering because of this.  Also, when i publish with Presenter now, it changes all of my fonts in the published document.  I am frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not specific to Captivate 5 swf.

Actually Presenter 7 does not supports AS3 swf. So any AS3 swf is not supported

Adobe has this issue on its radar for the future releases...will keep you posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real problem is that I cant insert any Flash at all. I'm not getting the dialog box to open. All I get is any other window that I happen to have open popping up instead. This is getting a tad tiresome and slightly embarrasing now especially as I suggested we use it for a rapid elearning tool. I thought an Adobe product would be pretty stable and fit for purpose. Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a fix.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows

Even though the Adobe updater said I had the most up-to-date version of the software it was lieing. I had to go and apply all patches from 7.0.1 onwards. This seems to now allow me to insert flash again.

Thanks for the posts and I hope Adobe sort this app out, not being compatible with Captivate 5 or AS3 is not good.

Regards,

Nick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick,

I am having exactly the same problem --- Insert SWF does not wok in Presenter 7.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/770326?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all updates up to Presenter 7.05, I can now insert a SWF.

It does not play or display,even after publishing.

The SWF was created in Captivate 4, using AS2 and compatible with Flash Player 7.

Nearly everytime I need to do something with Presenter or Captivate, I need to come to the forums and find a work around or bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly update to the latest update for Presenter ie 7.0.6 and then try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources