• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 12 Patch?

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2006 Jun 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone any idea if there will be a 5.0.3 patch for Word 12?

OK - so I know Office 12 Beta 2 has only been out a wet weekend; however, the fact that we document software etc means that some of us will be working in environments where we develop for Office 12 users. And this means we have to have Office 12 installed - which doesn't work with RoboHelp X5. Circle vicious!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the final version of Office 12 was not scheduled to be released until early next year along with Vista. Provided that is the case, perhaps regardless of that, I would doubt that Adobe will patch X5. My guess is that the release of RoboHelp due next year is what will be compatible with Office 12.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,
You are correct re the commercial release date for Office 12; however presumably a lot of ISVs will have related software ready to launch at the same time - all of which will need to be documented. So there is a case to be made for support prior to the commercial release.

In saying all that, commercial realities mean that support for Vista and Office 12 will probably be an X6 feature - which I understand - but we should not have to wait until those products are on the shelf as we need the support prior to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how we can expect Adobe to release a patch to make RH X5 compatible with a beta release of Office 12. Why would they want to do that if their plan is to make the next version of RoboHelp the one that is compatible with Office 12? It maybe that they will make a beta of the next version of RH available to some people but that's for Adobe to comment on.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This conversation allows me to offer a new piece of jargon for the lexicon of software development:

Forward Compatibility!

This is the notion that developers should make their applications compatible with any crazy OS modification that Microsoft is likely to release in the future.

It's not copyrighted, so use it as you will. Credit will be appreciated.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LMAO!

I can see the advertising jargon now...

This application is forward compatible with all known future operating systems and applications. We popped into our time travel machine and tested with Zarcon Megalith 5.3 as well as the fabulous LifeCube® technology.

Aren't Friday's fun? (Well, even moreso when you are comfortably seated on your shady back deck with a nice breeze blowing)

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick and Harvey.

You guys are just not showing enough vision. You limit your request to known systems and applications. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2006 Jun 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Now that would be ridiculous!

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2006 Jun 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
While I appreciate that my initial request might have seemed ridiculous to some, it was in fact superfluous as it transpires that you can do side by side installations of Offices 11 and 12 (excluding Outlook). Doh.

When installing select Customize instead of Upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp