• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Type Specific

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apologize in advance if this has been asked. I am completey new to Robohelp-was given it today, and I have a deliverable due in two weeks.

I have figured out how to create topics, TOC's etc-probably could get more detailed with it as I learn this. I am wondering if there is a way to show user specific help topics. I have three different types of users who log-in to our application, and some have completely different screens than others. Is this possible? I have Robohelp 8. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

For RoboHelp 8, you will need to investigate creating multiple help outputs and devising a way to point the user at the desired output.

If you had RoboHelp 9, one of the cool new features is called Dynamic User-Centric Content (DUCC) and it allows you to easily create such a beast right from inside RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not very elegant but you could create different TOC books for each user type if the other solutions are not viable.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp