Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download books from Borders or transfer to my Sony

Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My eReader is listed as compatible. I downloaded two books last night, installed ADE and had them open up. I connected my Sony eReader and it recognized it. It said I had to authorize the device. I typed in my Adobe ID and pass. It recognized the PRS-300. When I tried to click and drag the books over to the ereader ADE gave me an error saying that it didn't have permission to copy the books to that device. I deleted the books and tried to reinstall ADE. I went to redownload the books but it gives me an error saying something like: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER

So now I've got no epubs on my computer. None on my device. And I'm out 25 bucks. Super frustrated.

Could some one help me figure this out, I really just want to read the Stephen King.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a later model Sony but it may work the same way as yours.

You may need to install the Sony Software on your PC. On mine there was a copy on my reader although that wasn't made terribly clear. I ended up downloading the software from the Sony site. I think mine is a 650 model. With mine downloads go direct into the Sony Reader Library on my PC and I load up my reader from there. I have to have the adobe ade software loaded but it isn't where the books go.

If none of this makes sense I suggest the Sony website would be the best place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a chance that your book is still on your PC. Try searching for *.epub files or the title of the book.

If you find it then connect your device and copy the file to your device using  Windows Explorer (NOT on Sony Reader or ADE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OKay so I did find two epub files on the harddrive that I thought I had deleted. I tried to load them on to my device via Explorer and no dice. The files show up on the device but when I go to read them they show a No sign and say "Protected File". So I kept the two epub files sitting around and loaded up the Sony program and imported the epub files to that list. When I went to click on the files to transfer them the Sony program says I'm not authorized to even view them. So I can't transfer them this way.

Getting crazy frustrated. Stupid technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who did you purchase the books from? It may be that the key has expired and you need to contact the vendor to fix the problem.

However, now that you know you have the tw books on your PC you could try this:

1.  Open your Sony Reader Library (PC) and click on 'File' in the top left hand corner.

2.  Select 'Import Files'   A box headed "Import Files" pops up which is actually your PC directory.

3.  Go to the tw files you found earlier and select them and click save.

4  The books should now be in your Sony Reader Library (PC) so try to open them and read them on Sony Reader for PC

5  If you can read them on your PC then connect your device which shoud then appear in Source Column

6. Drag the books to your device and check that they have been transferred by clicking on 'Status' (also in the Source Column)

7  If you have been successful check if you can open them in your device.

If any of this doesn't work you will need to contact the book supplier. In this case keep a note of all your error messages (if any)

Good luck - stay sane it sometimes helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it it fair to say the Adobe and Sony between them have not made this process simple and transparent.

I'm guessing (I say that because neither Adobe nor Sony explain how their DRM restrictions on use work) that because you didn't load via the sony software in the first place ADE has decided you are very naughty and hence can't use the products that you purchased.

I think you can re-download them from Borders but again this isn't clear.

Your other option is to google "DRM problems".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone from Adobe actually read these forums? Or is the support forums just a place where people who don't know the exact answers guess at each other's problems.

No offense to anyone who's taken the time to give a suggestion, I appreciate it, and I wish that something worked, but is there not a way to get a hold of an actual employee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use the same Adobe ID on both devices to be able to transfer the books.  If you originally fulfilled the books in ADE with an anonymous Adobe ID, then you are screwed.  There is no way to get them back.  This is an incredibly lame choice that Adobe made in designing their DRM system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy crap that's horrible. Absolutely horrible. I should have just looked for pirated versions of the books and sent a check to the authors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines