Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

some poor jerk needs help

Level 1

Trying to install FLASH, nothing works, error message is always the same "could not open install.log file".  Have been on this now for one full week nothing offered by Adobe, Microsoft, AT&T

has worked.  I ran a system search again this morning "NO flash or Shock is in any file on my windows system, using Internet 8, all in compliance with everybodys need.  When downloading FLASH/SHOCK all fails.  If I open my ADD/Delete program I have an entry for FLASH, it shows NO size space if I go to delete it...IT WILL NOT DELETE & thats what is blocking installation of FLASH/SCHOCK.

I have 2 successful downloads of ADOBE AIR 29.44MB and X Reader 111.00MB.  LOOKING for some honest computer ace to help me correct this problem,

NONE of the above pros have done squat.  Is there anyone out there?  email me direct:  chart7421@att.net

As you can tell I have never posted before & I hope I never have to again.  Thanks

2 Replies

Former Community Member

You may want to check the Windows Registry for entries related to Flash.  You may need to delete any stranded entries related to the Flash player.  I would strongly recommend you back up your registery before making any changes.

As an option, if IE can't be fixed, you could try using Firefox and install the Flash plaer in Firefox.

Also, this is the wrong forum for your question.  It should really be posted to the Adobe Flash Player forum. http://forums.adobe.com/community/webplayers/flash_player

Regards

Steve

Level 1

THANK YOU, I will try your suggestions, as a first timer at this posting I found it rather intimidating, so I apologize for entering my question in the wrong category.  CHUCK