Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbering and tables

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2006 Jun 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I write step by step instructions for end users of our software. Typically I explain how to open a particular menu, and then explain the fields to be filled in the screen that appears. I use a numbered list for this. The fields are presented in a table, that starts in a numbered step ending in Control-Shift in order not to start a new numbered item but to continue with the same numbered item. What happens is that the last line of the table is numbered. I wonder why. Does anyone know why, and how I can solve this? I want the next numbered item to be the next step, usually an instruction as Click OK to save your data.
Thank you very much for your help
Luisa - Quiero saberlo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I mean Shift - Enter of course to go to the next line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luisa,

can you show us and example of what is happening or post a snippet from the code?
Have you tried applying a different style to the last line in the table?

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I haven't tried yet applying a different style to the last line, because I am afraid that means that the numbering stops as well. So for the next numbered item I would have to specify the number manually. I do not want to do this, because it is not good for maintenance.

I hope I am not sending too much data now using the example. If so, sorry for the inconvenience ...

Thanks for your help again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eliminate the BR tag, but also eliminate the LI tag that precedes the TABLE tag. It's the LI tag that numbers the element, so just get rid of it.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 27, 2006 Jun 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oh, sorry, I forgot: also remove the ending LI tag after the ending TABLE tag!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp