• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Type of Help for WPF-based Web Application?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a company that is developing an application based on Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). This is new to me, but my understanding is that this will be a Web application that mimics a traditional desktop application. Does anyone know what kind of help can (or must) be used with such an application? Can compiled Help (.CHM) be used or must it be Web Help? I have no problem developing either, but obviously it is easier to manage a .CHM (e.g., re: file management, installation, etc.).

The Help I'm developing is not context sensitive; it's your basic application online Help and it will be accessed by a single link.

Thanks much.

--GMc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gloria,

WPF is only used to do graphical interfaces. Your company will use other technologies to develop your product. In the end I suppose you'll have a "normal" web app. So WebHelp would be a good choice of help format.

HTH, C.

Edit: I'm not sure what you mean by "that mimics a traditional desktop application", though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info. WebHelp it is, then.  --GMc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp