Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elonex 700 e book

Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sales details on ASDA Direct said we could download millions of free books via adobe digital editions All we can find is a few sample books How do we find the full library

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting promise. But there is a twist.

I take it you've visited http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/library/ Lots of ebooks there. But, yes, quite a number of them are only samplers.

And, likewise, you aren't going to find one site with all the free ebooks that will work with Digital Editions.

However, there are numerous sites with free ebooks (some of them samples, some of them just advertising stuff, some of them full books.)

And you can visit your local library and download - this time - full books from there.

So the promise was correct: millions of free books. But just not at the one site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks

Does the Amazon Kindle work the same or would it be easier to use

Labrador777

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not an expert on these things, however, if you mean is there a central point for Kindle free books - yes and no.

No, for the reasons I indicated above. Also, my understanding is that the Kindle is Amazon's ereader product. Amazon would be more motivated to sell books than make free books avaiable

The yes part is: Amazon would have a vested interest to store free books somewhat centrally - with a view to encouraging you to purchase! Visit there!

So, neither is necessarily easier! (However, it would be interesting to know which has the wider range of books available. the Kindle platform or the ADE platform. I think it's probably much of a muchness.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines