• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder Hangs when compiling to AIR App

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a presentation in Catalyst with some embedded objects and some linked objects, then jumped it to Flash Builder to have my developer add in some scripts. We then tried to Export Release Build to create an AIR application. Problem is, it won't pull the linked assets. If I check the box to include the assets it hangs on the compilation. I can just keep clicking the "Finish" button and nothing happens. If I deselect the "Assets" I can click "Finish" it compiles the AIR application, but I'm left with a basically empty application. I don't understand what's happening. Any help please.

Thanks

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a known limitation in Flash Builder.

Please put your linked assets in a new source folder (Project properties -> Flex Build Path -> Source Path -> Add Folder and point to an external folder).

Unless it is a "source" folder, the compiler ignores assets in linked folders while exporting.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Anirudh!

We're going to give it a try right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Anirudh, it somewhat worked. I added the new source

folder just like you diagrammed and when I compiled the project to an AIR application the application file size jumped from 3mb to 500mb. So it obviously pulled the linked images. But when we installed the AIR application the images still weren't found. Any ideas?

Right now there are two items in the project that have Assets in the name. I don't think this is correct.

Here's a screen grab.

flashbuilder_question.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put assets in another folder, say src_assets and make that the source folder.

Think of it this way - each src folder is in the default package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds a lot lik emy problem, with the iOS version not compiling, but mine are included in the src-assets-mp3 folder. When I try to compile for iOS it just hangs, though it compiles for Android fine... I am trying the same thing you suggested, Ill post here if it helps me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines