• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to configure help - I want to load tag or function definition?

Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to configure CFB so that I can highlight a tag name or function name and go directly to the ColdFusion documentation for it? Right now, when I press F1, it takes me to CFB Help, but it doesn't load anything relevant... just takes me to help for "CFML Editor."

Or, I could even live with loading function/tag docs from cfquickdocs.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on windows or a mac? I'd noticed that problem on the mac in the past.

Don't know if it was since fixed by the updater. Did you apply that, which came out a few months ago, after the original build? More at:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/846/cpsid_84607.html

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have update 1 installed... still no love on the F1 though. Any chance it's a setting somewhere?

I'm running Eclipse with CFB plugin on Windows 7 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please clarify if you're on Mac? F1 works fine for me on Windows.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running CFB (v 1.0.0.274293 - which is update 1) as an Eclipse (v 3.51) plugin on Windows 7 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll just say that I have the exact same configuration, though running standalone and not as plugin, and it's working.

Try this out: create a new workspace. It's a frequent Eclipse/CFBuilder tip when having odd problems like this. I know it may seem it can't be related, but it's worth trying. File>Switch Workspace (within Eclipse). Let us know if that helps. You can switch back to your old workspace if you want after confirming that.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating/changing workspaces doesn't work. I created a simple workspace  and then tried it out... the attached screenshot shows exactly what  happens after hitting F1. The help pane shows, but it loads help for  "CFML editor" instead of what I selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing any attachment, either in email or on the forum site.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, sorry... I tried to upload the damn screenshot but this forum is not working very well. I'll try again:

screenshot.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know why it's not working for you. But here's a trick to try: does either Ctrl-F1, or Shift-F1 work?

Those worked for me as well, and while of course f1 alone should work, if these helped, it may both help identify the problem (to someone, perhaps) and also give you a workaround until it's resolved. If it doesn't work, I'm out of ideas, myself.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip... yes, Ctl-F1 works, and so does Shift-F1. I wonder why plain old F1 doesn't work.

Question: After clicking, does it bring you directly to the function/tag API definition, or does it first bring you to a "Related Topics" help page where the tag/function name is listed, and then you can then click on it to take you to the actual API definition? For me, it brings me to a "Related Topics" page, so I end up having to click again. Not ideal, but better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation