• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export a release build I get the following error.

"One or more errors were found while trying to build the release version. Unable to export."

But it gives not a clue as to what the errors maybe and the application compiles, loads and runs just fine from the IDE.

Does anyone have an idea on how we can get FB to tell us what the errors might be?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi reflexactions.

I had de same problem and finally, I solved this problem putting all my source code into a src folder and reconfigure the locale folder and other settings.

I hope to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If Asier's suggestion does not help your particular case, please feel free to export your project and email it (minus the file extension to get past the firewall) to ccampbel@adobe.com and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Same for me. Cannot trace when it happened. Usually before this happens, the application shows as "Not responding" on Windows 7 (64bit).

Hope you find some solution.

Thanks,

Ioannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ioannis,

Do you have an exported project you can send me (make sure to remove the .fxp so it can get through our mail filters)?  I'm willing to take a look and see if I get anything different.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

Unfortunately it is an unfnished project. What I was willing to do today was to revert back my files to an earlier state (since the code has been controlled with Subversion) to see if my code produces my problem, or if it is some update of Flash Builder. If an earlier svn-commit works correctly then I will go line by line to see what is causing the problem.

The interesting thing is that it works on Debug and Run, but it shows the error on Export Build Release (although I think that it builds successfully in the given bin-release folder!) Might be some problem with the SWZ files in connection with the exported swf? (since the SWZ's have been updated with the new update of Flash Builder)

Thx

Ioannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully made a release build!

Moving back from version to version didn't change much. I opened the .project file in Notepad and deleted all <linkedResources> apart from the one that was about the debugger. Then I deleted the previous build directories and opened FB again. This time everything was perfect.

One very annoying thing that I saw is that the different release directories I used (per desired output) was recursively including the previously exported builds! That means e.g. bin-release2 had a bin-release1 folder in it. The release folders were created outside the workspace. This never happened with Flex Builder 3 and similar approaches to release build directories I was creating. Just thought it would interest you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting this same error.

I tried editing the .project file as the original poster did but it still doesn't work.

I've also tried exporting the project to a new folder structure and rebuilding it but same error.

I should note that I have a production version of this project that exports fine.

I'm not sure what else I can do.

Are there some compiler settings I could change maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since your production project exports fine, is it possible to compare the two too see if anything unusual pops out?  I'm willing to take a look if you can send the two projects to me (ccampbel@adobe.com, please remove the file extension when attaching to email.)

Another good place to ask and check for answers would be the Flash Builder (formerly Flex Builder) forum.

Moved discussion to the Problems & Bugs forum.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution, if the problem occurs when using RSL's, is detailed in the following Post: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732325

by eggsWurzel

Flash Builder 4 (v 4.0.1.277662) fails, when trying to do a release build with the following simple project setup:

- Flash library project with a simple test class (using the 3.5 Flex SDK which ships with FB4)

- Flex project with simple mxml-application (using the same SDK)

The Library is linked as RSL

When you try to export the release build of the project, you´ll get an unspecified error.

In the log file, you can found:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: flex2/tools/oem/OEMException$CircularLibraryDependencyException

With some google search, I found out, that the error occured with FB 4 beta und should be already fixed.

That´s for sure true with SDK 4.0 oder SDK 4.1, but not SDK 3.5 (remember: it´s the version, which ships with the FB itself !!!).

After scanning the jar´s of the SDK 3.5 and 4.0, I found out, that the following 3 files are missing in the flex-compiler-oem.jar in SDK 3.5:

- OEMException$CircularLibraryDependencyException.class

- OEMException.class

- OEMException_en.properties

Adding these files to the jar of the 3.5 SDK, the release build will be successfully exported.

We were absolutely disappointed after realizing this issue. This has cost a lot of working time and was frustrating too.

Is there another way to get this working, without changing the SDK files?

I am going to try this solution. Will post back if successful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, found a solution, its caused if RSL's are referenced/used by the main project.

posted the details of how to implement it on my blog

Found details of the solution here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Brian for sharing your solution!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is currently an open bug, details (along with the link to the workaround) can be found here:

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-27634

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

para todos los que le sucedio esto, a mi me sucedio con flash builder 4.5, lo raro es que exporte y genere varios proyectos y todo bien no se el bug donde es pero lo que supuce es que si ya antes me funcionaba deberia funcionar ahora asi que exporte en fxp todos mis proyectos y elimine la carpeta que se encuentra en C:\Users\Miusuario\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 abri flash builder y logicamente todas sus configuraciones se borraron importe nuevamente mis fxp y todo de lujo, espero que si alguien le pasa lo mismo esto lo pueda ayudar bye me disculpan por la traducción al ingles la hice en google translator no se mucho ingles

I apologize for the English translation on google I did not know much English translator

for all that happened, happened to me with flash builder 4.5, the strange thing is that exports and generate multiple projects and not so good bug where it is but what is that if you supuce I worked before so it should work now fxp to export in all my projects and delete the folder located at C: \ Users \ myuser \ Adobe Flash Builder Flash Builder 4.5and logically I opened all your settings will be erased and re-imported my entire luxuryfxp, I hope that if someone it's the same this can help bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across the same problem and none of the suggested solution helped. However, I stumbled across an interesting log entry. There was a Java access right exception whilst trying to copy .picasa.ini (I'm using the picasa picture viewer to view image resources) from one of the linked resource folders into the bin-release-temp folder. After cleaning up all .picasa.ini files I could export a release build again.

It seems the export release build feature is very sensitive to files in the project directories not belonging to FB or the project. As for now I do not use any other software on files in my project directories to avoid this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

haha, ok, so this is the easiest solution ever!!

1.) First, delete the .project file (for web app or mobile app)

2.) Then delete any desktop.ini files (you need to view all files for this or use some app like WinRar or an FTP client, just something that shows all the files).  Delete all references for the desktop.ini file(s) but ONLY for what your using in your project (like your API, project folder, etc, Windows uses those so just delete the ones in your project folders).

3.) Then close Flash Builder, open it, do a Project -> Clean, then try to publish it.  Worked like a charm for me, if you still see that error then you more than likely have a desktop.ini file still sitting somewhere

Hope it helps,

Isaac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Isaac

Surely that's for a different problem? Cos the other solution of copying over the sdk files works for this prob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right click on the project folder > Refresh.

Then click on Project > Clean.

Thats all. This works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines