Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics not opening.

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

I am compiling my RH8 project using WebHelp.

For simplicity sake, let's say my start page is TEST.htm and my default page is WELCOME.htm.

In my single source layout:

My navigation pane preferred format is DHTML/pure HTML.

My server name is VMHOST, connection protocol is FTP and server directory is /TEST_WebHelp.

I have Republish All selected.

My IT dept configured the VMHOST server to act as an FTP Server. (not sure if I'm using the correct terminology for that.)  If I look at the list of folders on the server, I can see my TEST_WebHelp folder under Internet Explorer>VMHOST (VMHOST has a special icon and when properties is opened, the dialog box title is FTP Properties and type = FTP Server, Location = ftp://vmhost/.)

My project is being generated and published without error messages. After generation, when I open/view the project from RH it works like a charm.

But when I try to open it from Explorer (IE8) it is not working like a charm...I see my skin with all the buttons, I see my Contents, my Index, Search etc, but my default topic is not opening and the topics are not appearing when I check on a topic in Contents or click an Index, search for a word, click Home, and so forth.

Here's what I am typing into the address to open my project: ftp://vmhost/TEST_WebHelp/TEST.htm#Welcome.htm   

If I type in the address ftp://vmhost/ I see my Directory SSV_WebHelp listed and if I double-click on the directory I see the entire list of files from the project.

This seems like it should be a simple problem that I'm just not solving due to inexperience on my part. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Deb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Hi Deb

If you click Tools > Options > General tab and choose "Convert RoboHelp edited topics to HTML", then re-generate and re-publish, does anything change?

As an aside, once things are working, you probably don't want to leave that option to republish all selected. It will slow the process considerably in the future.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, one correction to initial post:

If I type in the address ftp://vmhost/ I see my Directory TEST_WebHelp listed and if I double-click on the directory I see the entire list of files from the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deb

If you click Tools > Options > General tab and choose "Convert RoboHelp edited topics to HTML", then re-generate and re-publish, does anything change?

As an aside, once things are working, you probably don't want to leave that option to republish all selected. It will slow the process considerably in the future.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a million Rick!

Your suggestion worked perfectly and I truly appreciate your help!!

You made my day!!

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp