Expand my Community achievements bar.

Send as Email - xml tags contain LF

Level 1

I am trying to send the content of a form as email, in xml format.

An xml file is generated as it is supposed to, and it contains all the data. My problem ist that all generated xml tags are invalid. After every tag name there is a line feed before the closing ">".

The generated file looks like this:

<tag

><innertag

>content</innertag

></tag

>

Is this a known issue? What can I do so that those line feeds are not inserted?

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.2.1

Thank you!

10 Replies

Former Community Member

What are you using to view the XML file? I am wondering if the viewing program is adding those linefeeds. If you open the xml file in IE it should be viewable without that issue (just to see if it is theviewer that is adding those carriage returns).

Paul

Level 1

When I open the generated xml file with the Internet Explorer, the LF characters are displayed as white spaces. When I open it with NotePad, it is displayed as a small rectangle.

I am using Notepad++ which displays "LF" when I check "Show end of line".

Former Community Member

So something is adding those chars .....if you save the xml file right out of Acrobat/Reader see if the Line Feeds are there.

Paul

Level 1

When I open the pdf file with Adobe Acrobat Pro and then click send per email and save the xml file there are those LF characters inside each start tag and end tag.

When I open the file with Notepad++ and tick "Show all symbols" it is displayed as follows:

notepad++_display.png

I am using a data connection to create the form from a xsd document. Can this be the source of the problem? It is a valid xml file.

Former Community Member

But what if you save the data right from th eform (without the email). Under the Forms/Manage Form Data/ Export Form Data menu item. This will start a dialog and allow you to save the file locally. See if that one has the issue.

Paul

Level 1

It's all the same. It does not make any difference, the LF characters are still there.

Thank you for your quick help!

Message was edited by: white_cabbage

Level 1

I even tried to change the <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/> what did not make any difference.

Former Community Member

Can you send your form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul

Level 1

Thank you. You will receive the form in a minute.

Level 2

Was this issue ever resolved for you? I am having the same problem and cannot find an answer anywhere...