• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While recording in captivate 4 I get a pop at the beginning of each recording

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While recording narration over a PP conversion in captivate 4 I get a pop at the beginning of each recording,  It doesn't seem to matter if I use keyboard shortcut or the mouse. Any thoughts?

Paul

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Is the unwanted bit part of the countdown?

If so, there are a couple of ways to avoid it.

1. Don't record your narration at the same time you record the actions. Record it separately. No narration means no countdown.

2. After the countdown stops, consider that first slide to be a throwaway and ensure you don't begin recording in earnest until after you hear the first camera shutter sound.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Not part of a countdown, just doing standard narration over a powerpoint slide. This began after upgrading to 4 never did this in 3

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Are you able to capture this popup? What does it contain?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, not a popup but a physical loud POP in the audio track at the beginning of every slide

pop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOH.png

Sorry... Fighting a sore throat and head cold so not firing on all cylinders today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pconrad

I also get an unwanted sound at the start of most of my audios. Not so much a "pop", but for sure I get a noise I do not want ~ and it appears just as you show on your screenshot.

To this day I have never taken the time to find out what causes it, rather I have just got into the habit of quickly editing it out at the same time as I do my other audio housekeeping, to remove my intakes of breath and other "off stage" noises etc., I dont want people to hear.

As I say, dont know what causes it, but I know how to quickly get rid of it.

NEL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel,

Well I'm in the process of doing that now but I was hoping to figure out a way to stop it! That least it's just not me!

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources