• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Not Appearing in Help Running on Mac

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2006 Jun 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Help project in WebHelp to run with a Mac application. When the file is opened on the Mac, the TOC does not appear. Can anyone help me out with this one? We are set to release this project in the next few days, so I need an answer ASAP.

Thanks so much!!!
Tracey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2006 Jun 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracey

As no one else has come in on this one...

I have an uncomfortable feeling that webhelp has this problem on the latest Mac OS. If you can try it on an earlier version to see if it works there, that will confirm it.

Unless someone can suggest something better, the only option might be to use your topics and add a javascript menu and a search page in the way that I have done on my site.

Or would JavaHelp work on a Mac? I have no idea. Just tossing out lifelines for you and your developers to grab at.

I would be interested to learn the outcome.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 26, 2006 Jun 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracey,

I can vouch for the TOC working in OS 10.2, maybe 10.3.

Please post back to list your OS.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2006 Jun 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey

I couldn't recall the version numbers but I did have in mind there was a 3 involved. So I suspect that 10.2 is OK and 10.3 may have a problem. Are you or anyone else able to check that?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2006 Jun 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using 10.3 and nothing is appearing in the frame to the left. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry no. What we need is for someone to run the same help on a 10.2 and a 10.3 Mac to prove it is the upgrade.

If it is, the only workrounds I can think of are covered above. I am not a Mac user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Tracey,
Safari might need some of the patches that make WebHelp behave better (to some extent, anyway) in Netscape, Firefox and Opera for Windows.

Let's try to pinpoint the problem.

WebHelp generally loads in this order:

--Frame outline
--Main toolbar plain background, then buttons, then the image background, if any.
--The welcome topic
--The minibar at left-- empty frame, then background and icons, if any (browse, synch TOC and hide X)
--Table of contents background
--TOC list.

How far does the Mac browser get when you first launch WebHelp?
If the main topic loads, and it has links to other topics. do they work?
Can you get the Index and search to work?
Can you hide the left pane and click Contents to show it? Still empty?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp