• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overdrive files (.ACSM) will not open in ADE, keep getting errors. Have searched for solution..

Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues downloading library books into ADE. I have been using ADE and borrowing library books for about a year, so I am not new to this. I double click the .ACSM file and ADE opens and acts like it's downloading the book, and then I get this error: "

The document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to be displayed incorrectly

--- errorListChange --- "

or a couple of times I tried I got an "this cannot be opened in digital editions" error. This happened to me several weeks ago and I fixed it before with a solution I found in the forums here, but that didn't work this time. That solution said to open My Digital Editions folder, delete all the file names for the book I was trying to download, and then delete the RESTORE folder, and then delete all the temporary internet files in Internet Explorer. I did that and it didn't work, I actually have tried to download several books, and tried the solution several times, and it hasn't worked. Then I took the step of uninstalling and reinstalling ADE, that didn't work either.

I also have deleted the .ACSM files of the books and then redownloaded them from Overdrive, and that didn't work either.

I am at a loss. I have tried every solution I can think of, I haven't been able to come up with any other solutions in this forum for these issues, so if someone could help me, that would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this one particular book, or is it now all books from Overdrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is ALL books from Overdrive. I have tried several different files and it happens with all of them. Like I said, I even deleted

some of them and then redownloaded them from the library site, and the same thing happened. Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried it again and now it seems to be working fine. The only thing that seems to be different today is that my internet connection seems to be slightly faster. I don't know if that is a possibility for why I was getting those errors or not. I am just thankful that it is working again, but wary that I don't have a firm answer for what happened so that if it happens in the future I will be once again in the same position of not having a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines