Exit

sony PRS-650 on a Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.

My name is Andrew and I am the IT person for the Midland Public Library

Earlier today there was a couple in the Library that was having problems getting library E-books on there E-reader. After helping them to finish the installation of Adobe Digital Editions and signing them up for an Adobe ID we manager to get ADE to start and to authorize but it was not able to recognize there e-Reader. I believe they have a Sony PRS-650 and they are using a Mac laptop. I have read else where that Sony PRS-650 are not yet supposed for ADE on Mac. I was wondering if this is the case?

If so does ADE have an ETA of when that will be fixed? 

If not can you suggest anything to get the device to be recognized? The device is showing up on there desktop as Mac's do but not in ADE.

Thanks - Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE does not support the Sony Readers on the Mac, and there are no plans to add this support.  You can use the Sony Reader Library instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this still the case? Sony Readers will not work with ADE on Mac OS. If so, I wish this info was easier to find. Have wasted hours trying to get this working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines