Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Testing the Width of an Array

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2006 Jun 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks -

I would like to know if there is someway to test for the existence of a column index within a particular array.

While trying to control memory managment, extensive number of array fields, etc... I am trying to figure out a way to test the existence of a column within an array.

The array is generated in stages, but there is one point that I need to test to see if a column has been created yet.
IsDefined and StructKeyExists doesn't seem to do the trick.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
In a CFTRY / CFCATCH block, attempt to read the array element. If it does not exist, you will throw an error, which can be processed in the CFCATCH block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a CFTRY / CFCATCH block, attempt to read the array element. If it does not exist, you will throw an error, which can be processed in the CFCATCH block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2006 Jun 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the info.

That's what I figured it was (Try/Catch), but I was hoping I was missing a simpler answer.

Take it easy,

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation