• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launch Failed !ApolloLaunchDelegate.fileDoesNotExist! in Flash Builder when debugging AIR apps

Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I've been using flash/flex builder for years, but have never tried to create an AIR application before.  I tried to create a 'hello' world app before porting some of my stuff over by following the instructions here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AIR/1.5/devappsflex/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118676a28bd-8000.html

but when I try to debug the code I get the a 'Launch Failed' dialog with the unhelpful comment '!ApolloLaunchDelegate.fileDoesNotExist!'.

I'm running win7x64, SDK 4.1

I've tried all sorts of different AIR files, including the default when you just create an empty project, and converting copies of some of my existing flex projects to desktop, but they all give the same message.

Google doesn't help.  Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

kenneth

EDIT: just tried the same thing on my same version of flash builder on my laptop and it works... The laptop runs Vistax64.  The only other different is that when I selected SDK 4.1 in the new project dialog it said it needed AIR 2.0, whereas on this machine is said it needed AIR 1.5

Message was edited by: kennethGilpin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Hi,

Can you check if a SWF has been generated in your bin-debug folder? Looking at FB code, this should happen when the SWF doesn't exist. (Though I'm not sure why the error message is incorrect for you. Did you upgrade from FB 4 to 4.0.1 or are you on a clean 4.0.1 install?)

Try checking your "Problems" view to see if there are any compiler errors.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check if a SWF has been generated in your bin-debug folder? Looking at FB code, this should happen when the SWF doesn't exist. (Though I'm not sure why the error message is incorrect for you. Did you upgrade from FB 4 to 4.0.1 or are you on a clean 4.0.1 install?)

Try checking your "Problems" view to see if there are any compiler errors.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anirudh,

Thank you for your reply.

My flash builder says that it is version 4.0 (build 272416).  When I checked for updates it said my program was up to date.

There is a copy of the *-app.xml and .swf in the bin-debug folder

There are no errors reported in the 'problems' view.

kenneth

EDIT: just checked the version on my laptop, says version 4.0.1 (build 277662)

EDIT: I manually upgraded to version 4.0.1 and this fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines