• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image display - How do I display an image using an absolute path?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I display an image using an absolute path in a compiled WebHelp?

Our developers use RH8 map IDs within our in-house applications to display in a model window created using Telerik Rad Window.

Unfortunately images disappear from these model windows because RoboHelp removes absolute links to [inserted] images and changes them to relative in the compiled WebHelp.

How do we overcome this? Is there a solution in RH8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

When you insert an image RoboHelp does show the full path in the dialog but if you double click the image, you will see it has already been converted to a relative path.

You can go to the HTML and change the path there to the absolute path but it must be the correct absolute path after the help is generated and published. Also it must be valid while you are working or you will not see the topic.

Check Printed Documentation if you use it. I haven't checked whether the image will survive that journe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you insert an image RoboHelp does show the full path in the dialog but if you double click the image, you will see it has already been converted to a relative path.

You can go to the HTML and change the path there to the absolute path but it must be the correct absolute path after the help is generated and published. Also it must be valid while you are working or you will not see the topic.

Check Printed Documentation if you use it. I haven't checked whether the image will survive that journey.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice

The path I am changing is below

From      :    ..\..\HelpTopics\Icon_Search.png

To  :   \HowDoI\Help_CMS\WebHelp\HelpTopics\Icon_Search.png

But when I compile the help it strips out the absolute path so I have been carrying out a workaround by modifying two topics in the published compiled help.

Will try again and get back to you.

Thanks

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried again and changed the path in the topic HTML

to    :  \HowDoI\Help_CMS\WebHelp\HelpTopics\Icon_Search.png

I am obviously unable to see it in RH8 as I have removed the relative link so it is "outside" of the project.

This time, on compilation, it has not stripped out the absolute links. The developer was working with me on this last week and we did have any issue in that they did not hold the absolute link. Most odd!

Checking the published help it appears to be working in the application, which is great.

So my apologies for raising the issue but it really did not work last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp