• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there an error message while opening my CHM under Windows XP?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I´m using Windows 7, RoboHelp 8 and generate CHM files to be integrated into our software or to be downloaded from our website.

I upload the compiled file to our server, then other persons can downoad it to their local disk which runs under WIndows XP. This was done by one person - she double clicks on the CHM, the window opens, shows the TOC but on the content side appears the message "the navigation to the website (failed?)".

Maybe you have an idea how to solve that problem? We are having cutsomers using mainly XP, therefore it should be working....

Thx so far

Janna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janna.

This is caused by additional security that has been added to Windows OS. Chances are your users will have to unblock the contents of the CHM file after it has been downloaded. Right click on the CHM file and click Properties. In the General tab should be an Unblock button. Click on it and they'll be able to see the content.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACtually, we tried that already, they don´t have this possibility! Strange enough....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it just one user having the problem or multiple? Is it just on one topic or multiple? I still think it is some sort of security setting. Windows 7 is much more secure than Windows XP. Check the user's IE browser settings with yours and see if there is a difference.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp