• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 9 Certified Developer Study Guide

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding a lot of software downloads (at a cost of course) for ColdFusion Certification.  Can anyone help me with the best route to go for preparing for ColdFusion 9 certification and how they prepared for it.  Any tips on preparing for the test and the actual test.  I did find a book entitled, "ColdFusion MX 7 Certified Developers Study Guide" but nothing on CF8 or CF9.  Do you think this book would be beneficial in preparing for the CF9 certification?  Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Has anyone out there received their certification yet and if so how much time did you have to devote to prepare for the exam. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

That's spot on. Don't concern yourself with the CF8 guide as there's nothing in there that isn't in the CF9 one. Read through the "ColdFusion Functions" and "ColdFusion Tags" sections, as well as the "Application.cfc Reference". That should give you a fair grounding for the exam.

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally all I did (as advised by an Adobe trainer) was to read through the Livedocs Function and Tag listings, making sure I understood what every one did and what attributes it has. I then read the Application.cfc reference, and that was it. Exam passed

The Adobe exams are pretty good as just being about the knowledge, a decent understanding plus a full listing of functions of tags will get you through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your quick reply.  I tried finding the livedocs for CF9 and below are the links I came up with for both CF8 and CF9 is this what you are referring to -

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/index.html

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's spot on. Don't concern yourself with the CF8 guide as there's nothing in there that isn't in the CF9 one. Read through the "ColdFusion Functions" and "ColdFusion Tags" sections, as well as the "Application.cfc Reference". That should give you a fair grounding for the exam.

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you so much.  I appreciate you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up taking the ColdFusion 8 certification test, just because I didn't feel I had enough experience with the new features in ColdFusion 9. I passed the test yesterday, but now I'm seeing things on the Adobe certification web site that refer to something about 90 days validation for previous versions.  There was no recertification for ColdFusion 9 only the full test, so does this mean that my ColdFusion 8 certification is good for how long??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2011 Jul 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even CF9 exam is out, my CF8 certification is still valid. I think, we don't need to take CF9 exam if our current company accept CF8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation