8 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2014 4:05 PM by CornhuskerinVegas RSS

Extension manager

Melissamotif Community Member

Don't know if this is correct place or not for this problem.  Lately when I try to install a new extension the ext. manager says "cannot install -- you need "Flash 9 or higher", which I already have. This past week I've spent quite a bit of money on extensions that I now cannot install.  Any ideas appreciated.

• 1. Re: Extension manager
          Danilo Celic Community Member

In the past, a message similar to what you are seeing could be avoided by opening the application in question, in this case Flash, and opening Extension Manager, then install the extension.

If that doesn't work, then you may have to reinstall Extension Manager, you can find the installers here: http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/

HTH,

Danilo Celic

• 2. Re: Extension manager
            Melissamotif Community Member

I don't have flash as in the program to create flash, only DWCS5.  It was my understanding that I do not need to have flash to install and use these extensions.  This message appears to say that I need to upgrade my flash PLAYER, which I have done, and even confirmed by going on to the Adobe site and seeing that I have the latest version installed.  I DID try reinstalling my DW extension manager, but still no success.

• 3. Re: Extension manager
              Danilo Celic Community Member

An extension could be for one product only, like Dreamweaver, or it can  be for multiple products, such as Flash and Dreamweaver. I don't recall  seeing any extensions like the later. Could you provide a link to the  extension(s) that your trying to install the give you this message?

If you are installing an extension in Extension Manager and it gives you a message that you need to have Flash 9 or above, then theoretically that means that the extension you are installing has at least some Flash "parts" to it that are supposed to be installed into the Flash application (not the player).

You may want to try to install an extension that is for sure Dreamweaver only. Try this one that one of the Dreamweaver engineers created: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1739 525 I do not have the Flash application installed on the system that I'm writting this one and it installed fine into my Dreamweaver CS5 via the Extension Manager.

Beyond that, since it appears that you bought the extensions, you should contact the extension developers to see if they have any suggestions, as they may have run acorss a similar issue before.

• 4. Re: Extension manager
                Phill Thill Community Member

I tried installing "one that one of the Dreamweaver engineers created: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail& loc=en_us&extid=1739525" into DW CS5 and got the error message "This extension cannot be installed, it requires Dreamweaver version 8 or greater".

Been chasing this for some time reading both Adobe and developer forums to no avail.

• 5. Re: Extension manager
                  Phill Thill Community Member

I tried installing "one that one of the Dreamweaver engineers created: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail& loc=en_us&extid=1739525" into DW CS5 and got the error message "This extension cannot be installed, it requires Dreamweaver version 8 or greater".

Been chasing this for some time reading both Adobe and developer forums to no avail.

• 6. Re: Extension manager
                    samuelvimes Community Member

My guess is that something in it is hard-coded to look for Dreamweaver

version 8 or earlier, or it uses a Dreamweaver-specific feature that was

removed some time after Dreamweaver 8.

• 7. Re: Extension manager
                      Diane Vigil Community Member

I'm having the same problem with DW CS5 and the Extension Manager. I've upgraded DW for years and years now, and the Extension Manager is not recognizing DW CS5. Hopefully Adobe will step in with a clue here???

• 8. Re: Extension manager
                        CornhuskerinVegas Community Member

I'm having the same error message:  "This extension can not be installed, it requires flash version 9 or greater."

I am using flash CC - I have updated, and yet I still get the same error message.  Looks like it is not isolated as there others having the same issue.

thanks for an ADOBE moderator answer to resolve this! XOXO