• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHTML V5 Reinstall

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - I just reinstalled RoboHelp V5 for a colleague who got a new PC.  RoboHelp for Word opens and works just fine, but RoboHelp for HTML is non responsive. When I try to open it up, I just get the standard Windows installer message (below).  Not sure what I could be missing, but I did the standard X5 install and then the RH013_x502 patch.  I have since uninstalled and reinstalled everything and got the same result.  I appreciate any ideas/insight.

Region Capture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're getting an installer being executed, that kinda implies that you're not launching the actual RH exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See item 100 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.  I have updated both exe files to use x5 without activation but had to no luck after uninstalling and reinstalling.  I did look through the rest of the snippets and noticed someone had issues after upgrading Adobe Reader.  The user that I was installing the software for upgraded to Acrobat 9, do you think it's possible that could have affected the install?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I missed your reply.

Acrobat 9 was much later so I guess it could well be related. Can you uninstall all using RevoUninstaller and then try just RoboHelp first? Failing that, version 5 is now old and the output may not be good with all browsers if you are creating webhelp.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp