• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding stuff from the Search results' context description?

Advisor ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 8.0.2.208

RoboHelp HTML

WebHelp output

Is it possible to hide the mini-TOC and the H1 heading from the Search results' context description? The only thing in the RH 8 help is about hiding entire topics, not text within topics.

Leon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon,

Do you want to disable the search result context or do you only want to skip some text from inside the topic but still show the context description?

The first is done by disabling "Show context in search result" in the SSL dialog. The second is some more work. The summaries are stored in whxdata topictable_x.xml.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the latter, Willam.

However, whxdata topictable_x.xml is just what it says: a table of topics. Sorry, I don't see the relevance of this file to my issue.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon,

This file holds the description used in the search fields. To me, this indicates that the description is added on generation. It seems RoboHelp just takes the first text that is present in your topic and I don't see what what could be done about this. (I'll be more explicit next time )

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Willam, I was looking at that file in the wrong directory (which had no Search info at all). Sigh...

I agree: post-production gymnastics surely wouldn't help. Oh, well, I guess I'd better let Adobe know that this is really, really, really, really, really important; so much so that an enhancement in RH 8.0.3.001 should be released tomorrow.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL, I'll expect to see a service release issued at 12:32 am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp