• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding & Dropdown Hotspots

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2006 Jun 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RoboHelp X5. I currently use in all my help screens expanding and dropdown hotspots. I use the dropdowns to display the business rules of a screen and another for the field and button names and descriptions. I use the expanding for words in a topic that need a description.
Everything has been working fine until today when I went in to edit some details in the dropdowns and there it was empty!!!! There was nothing displaying HOWEVER when I clicked on ‘View Selected Item’ and clicked on the hotspot word of Business Rules it displayed the contents of the hotspot. So why is it in editing that I now cannot see the contents and when you view the topic and click on it.....it displays? Can someone please help me? I'm desperate……

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2006 Jun 28, 2006
Have you tried enlarging the window when editing to see if the text is there somewhere? Also try clicking in the editing window and then hitting Ctrl A and Ctrl C then switch to Word or Notepad and hit Ctrl V.

I am wondering if a style has been changed so that, for example, you have a six inch left margin and just cannot see the text.

I once needed a dropdown that was heavily indented and I saw that effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2006 Jun 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried enlarging the window when editing to see if the text is there somewhere? Also try clicking in the editing window and then hitting Ctrl A and Ctrl C then switch to Word or Notepad and hit Ctrl V.

I am wondering if a style has been changed so that, for example, you have a six inch left margin and just cannot see the text.

I once needed a dropdown that was heavily indented and I saw that effect.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2006 Jun 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter, I have opened RoboHelp this morning and all is OK. No styles have been changed so maybe just a glitch and I had to shutdown and start again. Early morning gremlins!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp