Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upload file to server/others cannot view

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

When I publish my captivate project (to a network space) and upload it to the server, I'm able to view the .html file just fine.  However, if we try to view it on any other computer, all we see is a blank screen.  People with access to the network file also cannot view it.  It's only viewable on my computer!  Any ideas?

For the record, I'm working with Captivate 5 on a Windows 7 machine.  We're all using the same operating system and the same browser.

I tried this fix:  http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/08/unable-to-open-exe-files-published-from-adobe-captivate-5.h..., but it didn't work.  (In fact, now I see a blank screen when I try to view the project online!)

I appreciate any help!

Thanks.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Thanks Sara,

Do you have a text animation in your project? If so, can you please remove the text animation and re-publish your project and check if it is accessible from the network location. If it works, please do the following:

1. Install CP5 patch from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/881/cpsid_88142.html

2. Relaunch Captivate, Open your project, include the text animation

3. Republish your project and verify if it works from the network location.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Usually when folks get the blank screen, they have forgotten to include all files. Specifically the file named standard.js. Without this file the browser cannot present the content.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick!  Unfortunately, the standard.js file is there.  In fact, I've compared all the files to ones that my colleague has posted and there doesn't seem to be anything missing.

For about one second, you can see the "file loading" message, but it disappears and there's just a black screen.

Thanks again,

Sara.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

What is the version of Flash Player in your machine and other machines in which content is not playing?

This you know by opening the URL - http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ on the machine and on the browser you are trying to load the html ( published from CP).

Please check this on both your machine as well as the machine on the network and let us know the versions.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sushma,

Here's my version of flash:  10,1,102,64.  It's the same on the other machines.

Thanks!

Sara.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sara,

Do you have a text animation in your project? If so, can you please remove the text animation and re-publish your project and check if it is accessible from the network location. If it works, please do the following:

1. Install CP5 patch from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/881/cpsid_88142.html

2. Relaunch Captivate, Open your project, include the text animation

3. Republish your project and verify if it works from the network location.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sushma,

That seems to have solved the problem.

Thank you so much for your help!

Sara.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources