Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to change the email adress when distributing a form

Level 1

Hey there,

I've made a form with acrobat 9 pro en inserted a emailadress from the person that wil be receiving the reactions filled in by our members. The problem is that this emailadress is incorrect so I need to change this. I just can't find where to change this.

Can someone give me a hint.

Thanks.

Ralph Mol

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I had the same problem and only figured out the solution after trying all of the incorrect answers above.  Please folks, don't assume that we all have a copy of LiveCycle. (Yes, this is the LIveCycle Forum, but this is a basic form distribution question. Maybe the discussion should be moved?)

This is a problem that wil occur when someone creates a distributed form for someone else, such as when the techie person in the office turns a paper form into a fillable form for the Ludditte administrative staff.  Or, when only one person in an office has a copy of Adobe Pro 9 or 10, often only because they purchased the entire suite for other job tasks (web editing, etc.).

Acrobat Pro assumes that the person creating the form is the same person the form should be emailed back to when it is filled out.  That's a stupid assumption, but there you go.  The email address that the form is sent to is based on the Acrobat Pro user's "identity".  On an Apple, you would go to Preferences, then select Identity from the laundry list on the left side. Temporarily change the Identity info to that of the person you'd like to have the filled-out forms returned to.  Once you've done this, you can go back to the original form, step through the "Distribute Form" wizard and then post or distribute this new version.

When that's all done, insist that everyone who might need to create a form in the future get their own personal copy of Acrobat Pro and learn how to create a form themselves. ;-)  Also, be sure to change the Identity information back.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 8

Its pretty hard to tell for certain, as there are several ways to create a form that submits to email.

However, try this:

• open the form using Adobe LiveCycle Designer (comes with Acrobat)
  • find your submit button and select it
  • look on the "Object" tab.  If you don't see it choose Window > Object to make it show up
  • There should be an Email Address field. Change the value.
  • Save the form.

Level 1

Hodmi,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

In the form I don't have a separate button included. The form is made with the wizard is Acrobat 9 Pro. When I finished this form I have distributed the form. The wizard helped me with this process. The form and the reactions are collected on our internal server and at first I was able to insert an email adress with the wizard (not anymore now).

When a form is filled in by one of our workers he/she gets a "send" button on the top-right of the form (which I haven't created) to send it.

The email adress that is linked to this action must be edited. I have tried to do this in the object tab, but this has no effect.

I hope you have another solution for me.

Thanks in advance.

Ralph Mol

Level 8

Okay, it sounds like you have an Acroform rather than a XFA based form.

I believe that you will need to use Acrobat to edit the document.

In Acrobat X the edit feature is in Tools > Forms >Edit

In Acrobat 9 it was Tools > Advanced Editing > Show Advanced Editing Toolbar

Once in Editing mode, select the button.  Right click on it and choose Properties

In the Properties dialog there should be an Actions tab. That should have an Action that you can Edit.  When you choose the action and Edit then you will see a dialog with the URL.  Enter the email address with a mailto type format.

ButtonProperties_1.png

ButtonProperties.png

Level 1

Again, thanks for your answer.

The solution you gave me doesn't seem to work for me. Perhaps I wasn't really clear in my question.

img.PNG

See the image above.

The purple area gives me two options. To MARK the fields and to SEND the form.

These buttons are generated in de xxx.distributed.pdf when I have distributed the form. I haven't inserted these myself.

I hope my question is clear now.

Again thanks for the effort in solving my problem.

Ralph Mol

Level 8

Ahh, now we're getting somewhere.  In this case it is an Acroform, but it is a distributed one.

You'll need the original document that you distributed out, this can not be done on any of the copies that you sent out.

• Open the document/form in Acrobat
  • If you are using Acrobat 9, Choose Forms > Distribute Form...
  • If you are using Acrobat 10, Click on the Tools button (to show the Tools Pane), then select Forms Distribute
    • In the wizard choose "Manually Collect Responses...."
    • Go through the rest of the wizard and set your new email address when you see the following dialog

distribute form.png

Complete the wizard and you will have a new email address

Level 1

Where should I set my new emailadress?

When I fill in the adress in the "TO" field, the emailadress won't change.

Correct answer by
Level 1

I had the same problem and only figured out the solution after trying all of the incorrect answers above.  Please folks, don't assume that we all have a copy of LiveCycle. (Yes, this is the LIveCycle Forum, but this is a basic form distribution question. Maybe the discussion should be moved?)

This is a problem that wil occur when someone creates a distributed form for someone else, such as when the techie person in the office turns a paper form into a fillable form for the Ludditte administrative staff.  Or, when only one person in an office has a copy of Adobe Pro 9 or 10, often only because they purchased the entire suite for other job tasks (web editing, etc.).

Acrobat Pro assumes that the person creating the form is the same person the form should be emailed back to when it is filled out.  That's a stupid assumption, but there you go.  The email address that the form is sent to is based on the Acrobat Pro user's "identity".  On an Apple, you would go to Preferences, then select Identity from the laundry list on the left side. Temporarily change the Identity info to that of the person you'd like to have the filled-out forms returned to.  Once you've done this, you can go back to the original form, step through the "Distribute Form" wizard and then post or distribute this new version.

When that's all done, insist that everyone who might need to create a form in the future get their own personal copy of Acrobat Pro and learn how to create a form themselves. ;-)  Also, be sure to change the Identity information back.

Level 8

Fair enough.  The presumption is that posts are about Adobe's LiveCycle products because this is the LiveCycle section of the forums.  Most of the Adobe folks answering questions here are involved with the LC products and its the world in which we live.

There is another, very active, set of forums for issues specifically related to Acrobat:  http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat

Level 1

My problem is solved.

I've edited my E-mailadress on my Identity.

In the menu go to EDIT(bewerken) and then Preferences(voorkeuren) of use CTRL+K. Now you get a list of preferences. Go to ID and set you E-mailadress. This will be used when distributing the form.

Thanks for all the hellp.

Ralph Mol