Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8.0.1 Update not finding installed version 8

Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed (using default options on a Windows XP machine) Adobe RoboHelp 8 trial about a month ago, paid for a license and activated it.

When I click on Help > Update, I see that an update to 8.0.1 is available. I download it and run it and start the setup process but then says a popup says: "Adobe RoboHelp 8 is not installed. Please install Adobe RoboHelp 8 before applying this patch." and the update fails to install.

Any idea why it's not finding my installation? The Help > About says I have version 8.0.0.203

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen anyone report that before.

I'm assuming you have admin rights or you would most likely have had problems before now.

Did you change the installation path or drive is about the only other thing I can think of right now?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than going to Help > Updates, try downloading from here and then running the update.

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I get the same message: "Adobe RoboHelp 8 is not installed. Please install Adobe RoboHelp 8

before applying this patch."

I have admin rights and used the default install location. I did not change anything.

Do you know if the demo is the full version (once activated with a licence) or is somehow limited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version is a full version with no restrictions other than 30 days use.

Please use the camera icon and post an image of what appears in the Help menu.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever any fix for this? I am having the same problem. Have not moved any directories. When I open Robohelp, the version says 8.0.1.204, but when I try and get the 8.0.2 updates, it says that I do not have 8.0.1 installed. I manually ran the 8.0.1 update from the adobe site without error (just in case) and continue to get the error that 8.0.1 is not installed. I have also tried manually running the 8.0.2 update from the site and still get the error.

The file path is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML.

The actual version number on robohelphtml.exe file is 8.0.0.203.

Thanks for the help-

OS is Windows Server 2003 R2 Build 3790.srv03_sp2_qfe.1-28-2011 12-16-50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp is not designed to work on the Windows Server OS. It is only supported on Windows XP, Vista and 7.

On any other machine I would say uninstall the 801 patch you see in Program Files and then fire up RH again and check that Help > About now says 8.0.0 and then start again.

However, you are wasting your time trying to make it work on Windows Server, quite apart from any licence breach if you are trying to make it available to multiple users. That's your call.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response, I was not aware that the server OS was not

supported and is probably the problem as you suggest. I am the only user that accesses the application. I deploy directly to web server that is not on my domain.

I appreciate your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for the response. This is windows XP, not server (not sure why you thought it was server). Nevertheless, I was able to fix the problem-turned out that something had cleared the windows registry uninstall entries and I had to re-image my PC.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could be a  possibility  that the position of the files are changed,please try and reinstall it again making sure that u deactivate before you reinstall robohelp and then install again and activate first and then update,try and give your response again.

you can deactivate by going to help and then deactivating and it might ask you to deactivate while uninstalling too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer for my case was to reimage PC due to corrupt registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My reference to Windows Server was in response to Lara who stated that above the image in her post.

@petergrainge

Message was corrected by: Peter Grainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp