• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF won't save to computer

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download several financial statements in PDF each month and two of them, though enabled, will not allow themselves to be saved to my computer. They can be viewed, printed and edited but clicking on the save icon does nothing. The'Save to:' pop-up does not appear. I'm running Windows 7 x64 and have the most current version of reader (9.4.1). Has anyone seen this before???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same problem. I can save pdf's from investment accounts, but cannot save from my credit card account. This problem just started. Adobe version is 9.4.1 and I'm running a new PC with win 7x64. I have reinstalled and the problem persists. Is the answer moving to Adobe Reader X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2011 Jan 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Reepercheep,

Just a note...  I have been experiencing this problem with one of my accounts since back in Reader version 8.x. The second account only started paperless before Christmas. I was willing to put up with it from one group but two with the same problem broke the camel's back (it started to become a trend!). Hopefully someone has found the magic bullit to solve this. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes indeed, we have the same issue. After further research, I ran across this workaround that worked for me. Of course it does not solve the Adobe problem, but it does allow for saving a PDF that does not want to be saved while opened in IE (I’m using 8). Here is a copy of the workaround.

Of course the question remains – what is the problem and why do we have to use this workaround – very strange. Must be a compatibility issue with certain website, win 7, IE 8 and Adobe. The problem site for me was Chase.com. I called their online rep and they had know ideas. Hope the workaround works for you.

Here is the link where I found the workaround.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproappcompat/thread/643d0937-31ee-45f3-a73f-2c27c315d0a1

Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:33 AM

To: warren smith

Subject: PDF won't save to computer

Hey Reepercheep,

Just a note... I have been experiencing this problem with one of my accounts since back in Reader version 8.x. The second account only started paperless before Christmas. I was willing to put up with it from one group but two with the same problem broke the camel's back (it started to become a trend!). Hopefully someone has found the magic bullit to solve this. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're never going to believe which was my first problem sight - Chase!

I called their tech support and told them the problem and they blew me off saying 'If it's a problem with Reader then it's their (Adobe's) problem. Go figure...

Anyway, thanks for the link. I'll see how I make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I only just got around to trying the workaround you provided and it worked a treat. It's a bit convoluted but, hey, it works. Thanks for the insight.

Maybe Adobe will wake up and sort this out before more sites become unusable. I'll bet it has something to do with Acrobat.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear the good news. I wonder if this issue is Adobe’s fault or Chase? Anyways we have a workaround for now.

Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 4:30 PM

To: warren smith

Subject: PDF won't save to computer

Hi again,

I only just got around to trying the workaround you provided and it worked a treat. It's a bit convoluted but, hey, it works. Thanks for the insight.

Maybe Adobe will wake up and sort this out before more sites become unusable. I'll bet it has something to do with Acrobat.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines